Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,234 Posts
I found a, I think it was a 97, legacy outback in the junkyard yesterday. 18mm RSB. Put it on my RS with stock endlinks, and the improvement is phenomenal.

·
Registered
99 OBS STM
125 Posts
Nothing to do with end links, the n/a has humps to fit past the header. I'm pretty sure they would make contact with the turbo sub frame. But it's usually n/a guys that want turbo sways not the other way around

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
773 Posts
I found a, I think it was a 97, legacy outback in the junkyard yesterday. 18mm RSB. Put it on my RS with stock endlinks, and the improvement is phenomenal.
I did the same thing!

Cost me $25. That's where people should be looking, since there's tons of old outbacks (96-99?) in junkyards.

The hardest part is removing the bar when the car is sitting on its brakes....just takes some maneuvering lol.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
123 Posts
ok guys, so I am doing a build/swap on my 2001 RS Coupe and all my suspension, brakes, and drivetrain is 2002-2007 WRX sedan Wide Track. However I purchased Whiteline Sway Bars before the initial build decision and have yet to install them with everything else. I have Whiteline 24MM GC Turbo Front Sway Bar (BSF20X) and Whiteline 22MM Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (BSR20XZ) now will these fit without issue and give optimal performance, I will be using Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lateral Links (KTA109) with WRX Sedan Front Aluminum Control Arms.

·
Registered
1998 JDM Impreza STi v4 GF8
46 Posts
Just for the record...

While I was working on the car today, I made a point of measuring the front and rear OEM sway bars with a set of calipers. I don't believe anyone has posted both the front and rear sway bar measurements for this year/model.

1998 JDM Impreza STI wagon (GF8)

Front - 19mm

Rear - 20mm

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Question for you guys. I recently bought a GD whiteline 24mm adjustable rsb and tried to install then noticed the GD bushings don't work with the gc bracket/mount. So what would u guys recommend?

1) simple and cheap: buy 24mm bushings for about $20 and install on oem bracket/mount and try to sell the GD whiteline bushings

2) upgrade the mount/bracket to aftermarket GD forged alloy, not sure on price

3) scavenge for GD rsb mounts so I can use the whiteline bushings

4) any other options u guys got?

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Just this part that is hanging?

Or with full mounting bracket?

Rs mounts for reference.

Buecar I know u have a lot of experience with both GD and GC. Just want to clarify before I buy anything.
1 side of the tab slides in the mount, other side of tab bolts down. For the gb tabs both side bolt down. Would I just slide 1 side in the rs mount and bolt the other side down and it'll hold safely? I checked prices for the GD tabs new, they're cheap $7 but $9 shipping. About the same as the 24mm gc bushings.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,237 Posts
Ahh yea, you need the combo of the mounts and brackets.

You have the front in the first pic, and that bracket almost looks deformed like a steering rack mount LOL

Anyways, I can send a pic of the gd tabs, but I think you are right when you need the newer ones to match the bushing.

Unless you are racing or want to be fancy, the OEM mounts are plenty good for street, daily and some spirited runs on the weekend. No need to get fancy mounts.

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying whiteline 24mm bushings for the rs tabs. Works perfectly. I haven't autox or anything but turning is noticeably sharper. Before with understeering seemed disappointing. Now I'm worried about oversteering :lol:. A lot more can go wrong if the rear gives out and there's not much room to correct it

181 - 200 of 201 Posts