Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i push the clutch to the floor and begin to release it kinda has some restriction and makes like a squeaky door sound when i slowly let it out. then it just goes back to normal.
could it be a slave cylinder?

· Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
627 Posts
what do you mean by restriction?

if you step on the clutch pedal all the way down and it wont return up by itself then it's either the slave or master cylinder or both.

mine had this issue, but only occasionally, and upon further inspection it turned out to be a loose bolt that adjust the clutch pedal travel distance before it engages (i.e. adjustment for friction point)...and my slave/master cylinders were both fine.

so check out all the bolt/nuts around the clutch pedal first then do the test by stepping on the clutch pedal all the way. if it almost never returns by itself then it's one or both cylinders.

good luck.

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i just got the car on tuesday so i did nothing to it so far. my dad and i will take a look at it later. if i push the clutch down all the way it will return by itself but it is not smooth at first like something is holding it back, then it gets how a clutch should be after i let my foot off more.

· Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
460 Posts
So first thing check the slave cylinder, then check the line going to the slave cylinder.

I had the same problem awhile ago, and I replaced both of these and it got better.

However, it turned out that the snout on my transmission was messed up. I ended up having to get a sleeve from PDM, and that solved the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.