Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sunny: The STi will be here in Nov. or Dec. of 2003. If you would like any info on the STi give me an E-mail or PM me.:checkit:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Josh,

Rumors of the Sti appearing have been around for years, can you provide us with any documentation from Subaru to substantiate this? I'm not trying to be rude, just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Josh,
The 04 STi will be appearing in the first part of April to start filling preorders from a couple of years ago. Guaranteed to be with more power than the Evo by SOA.

10th Warrior,
The STi is a Subaru Technica International (the tuning division of Subaru) tweaked purpose-built WRX with limited production. Here is the link for what our STi Version will look like.
http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/sedan/02/index.html
...Your 750 posts would make you an ancient newbie but then you shouldn't make fun of people because many newbies know more about the car than you and you were one once.

Troy

Oh yeah, I work for Subaru and I have had an Aspen White 04 STi 6 speed on order for 2 years now... and I am a 1.8L

·
Premium Member
2001, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 RS,
45 Posts
T-WRX450, do u have any idea how much a new STI engine and tranny are going to run. I have been saving for about a year now and that is what i am going to do. When you say limited production, i hope that you are talking about the whole car, cause i really want an engine.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
thank you troy. i found the link intriguing. however, aren't all the badging and big wings and hoodscoops and such just yet another example of factory rice :run:

ah, ok, no more fun. back to work

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
and the price of the STi. what's the mark-up on it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
impreza01,

Are you needing brand new or would slightly used work...

I can get the entire Ver 7 drivetrain for around $12k from a crash test car, but the Ver 5 & 6 engines actually have more potential because of the port flow. Although the torque on the Ver 7 is much more linear.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
10th Warrior,

The scoop and wing are much larger than the previous GD although there is more function than pure aethestic. I happen to like the new body but I am not sure about whether we will get the STi blue seats or what our audio system will be.

JZ oo7,

The STi price point is some what dependent on the final numbers for the Evo, but around $32k base is expected.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is subaru going to be watering down the STi like Mitsubishi is the first run of EVOs? I know rumor is that Mitsubishi is holding back the ACD and AYC and the 6 speed tranny in order to see what subaru is doing with their STI. also will our have the new exterior same as jdm version or are we going to continue with the bug eye. just wondering. btw I also think the exterior of the new one looks sweet.!!!:D

·
Premium Member
2001, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 RS,
45 Posts
hmm...$12k...well i don't have that much yet. What is the shape of the drivetrain? Does that include EVERYTHING? If I am going to spend $12k i want it done right. How much would a new engine cost in comparation? How long do I have to decide? And is the engine CA legal? This has me thinking...

·
Registered
52 Posts
impreza01,

The drivetrain is in excellent condition and yes it includes EVERYTHING. I'm not sure about the cost on the complete engine, the transmission alone new from Subaru is about $7k. I am not sure if he still has anymore but he did have several complete units. The CA emissions should pass even a visual inspection because the engine and controls are newer than the original.

Troy

BTW check out the 3.8L water spray tank in the spec C...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts