Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a complete V4/V5 WRX front clip coming my way...

I expect it to arrive mid to late nov...

When it arrives I was planning on parting it out but I was just going to ask if anyone here may be interested in the entire thing.

Inludes basically all the running gear right down to the exhaust.

Sold already!!:eek:

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
So do/did you have both a Ver. 4 and 5 for sale? I take it, it is a non STI clip correct?

I am just curious on how much each sold for?? Reason being is because I am looking at getting a JDM WRX Ver 4 front clip in the very near future. How often do you get stuff in or put in orders like this? Thanks
-Joe

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually am going to begin bringing these cars in very often now.

I have a complete STi V4 Type RA on the way with 32000 kilometers.I will begin parting it out when it arrives.The complete drivetrain(absolutly everything needed for a swap) will sell for 8500.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
How much for just a JDM WRX (non STI) complete front clip w/ drive train? Reason why I ask is because I am looking into getting a JDM WRX Ver. 4 front clip (wrecked in rear) complete (even has front bumper skin, hood, and lights, etc) for right around $4k. So if you got something around that, let me know.
Thanks
-Joe

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
Uhm yes I do know that. But 20 more hp for double the price. Buy wise it's a better deal right now for me. I mean don't get me wrong I would love to have an STI in, but more I look at it, I want to build just a WRX engine up. So desirable, but so much more money.

-Joe

·
Registered
470 Posts
Got any STi V5/6 grilles on those front clips that you'd sell cheap??? Any colour is fine I'd be getting it repainted anyway.

PM or email me if so.

thx.

-mykr.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
Well see I would have more money if I never would of joined in on this supposed buy from a guy named Aron Frost (rotting in jail now), so I am already out money, so maybe you can give me an STI front clip at 1/2 price, sound good?? Didn't think so. I know you are a business your trying to get people to buy. If you can sell me something at a price for me, I would buy.

I know what an STI engine has vs just a WRX engine. Actually Some of the JDM WRX engines did have 278hp, the wagon versions were the ones that have just the 260, and the clip I found is from a wagon actually. I know all about the internals, thats what makes it an STI plus some other stuff. BUT see, I just found a route that will make me save money to build more on the engine then if I shelled out double for an STI enigne and have no money left for extras. I have more than just engine work to be done, more money I can save for other things the better my car will be overall. See where I am coming from??

-Joe

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Aron Frost guy...:curse:

I'm glad I never got involved with that but I feel bad for all you guys that did.

If your're not in a rush...I will have something for you at in the next couple of months.If not then do what you gotta do.

I am making a arrangment with a guy that will allow me to bring parts in on a regular basis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,

I'd be interested in an RA setup. Do you still have the one for $8500? How long would it take to dig up another one? Could you list the spec's of the RA vs. the regular WRX STi? I'm not in a rush but am extremely interested.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
burnt_rice2000 said:
Hey,

I'd be interested in an RA setup. Do you still have the one for $8500? How long would it take to dig up another one? Could you list the spec's of the RA vs. the regular WRX STi? I'm not in a rush but am extremely interested.

Thanks
Chris
I have a second RA setup in transit.Should be here in a couple of weeks.

The RA version STi would basically have Different ECU mapping and a Rear LSD.The rest of the differences are not in the drivetrain.

To list just a few advantages of a STi over a regular WRX...

Forged pistons
Red STi manifold
STi bigger intercooler
Bigger turbo
STi gearset for tranny
and more

If you add the costy of these parts alone and what it would take to add them to a standard WRX you get a pretty big figure.

·
Registered
470 Posts
GC8 grille

How soon is soon jetfan??? I'm getting some paint work on my car and they're willing to paint any extras I've got for free.

how much???

PM or email me please...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just wondered if we might be dealing with the same circle of people...that's all. No biggie. I have a friend in Japan that went to an auction for me...he was a bit late and missed out on a white RA.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
skullskidr said:
I just wondered if we might be dealing with the same circle of people...that's all. No biggie. I have a friend in Japan that went to an auction for me...he was a bit late and missed out on a white RA.
Oh OK...

When dealing with these JDM cars straight from japan,most of them come thru the same places unless you get them from a middle man.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
196 Posts
interested in the STi type RA tranny. I want to know what will be needed to complete the tranny swap as I have the 2002 USDM wrx motor mated w/ RS tranny at this time.

thanks,

Cal

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blitzkrg-RS said:
interested in the STi type RA tranny. I want to know what will be needed to complete the tranny swap as I have the 2002 USDM wrx motor mated w/ RS tranny at this time.

thanks,

Cal

Well,I would give you the tranny,clutch assembly,driveshafts,rear diff,all the axles,and anythuing else that I can.

I would give everything needed.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts