Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps. :cool:

I just picked up two Ver.6 interior trim parts, from GT Imports and wanted to share some pics.

\\

To show the color contrast, these two:

During this whole thing, I was going in and out of my house. So I'm about to go out the front door, and this gigantic (six feet, easy) snake is on my porch!!!! We live out in a quiet spot, but we've been there 3.5 years and not once have I seen a snake. I have no idea what kind it was.

I turn around after chasing it away with a rake, and see.......... another one! Took a video.

Crazy stuff. :) I like the trim pieces, but those damned little clips that fasten the shift boot ring.... ugh. I tried so hard to be careful, but managed to break two of them. Both right in front, too, so if you push down on the ring in the front, it sags. Oh well... .maybe I'll replace it some time.

=S2=

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, well I was just about to go out that front door, and saw him out of the corner of my eye. That wooden contraption to the left, is a large/tall clothes drying rack. We had some rugs, airing outside. He was behind that, against the wall there.

I got a rake out of the garage and just kind of gently nudged him back into the back yard. I thought of killing him, but I would've had to decapitate him with my shovel. Didn't really feel up to that. At one point, when I got him back into the grass, I touched his tail and he turned and hissed at me pretty good. Tail shook and everything. Not a rattler of course, I dunno what it is. I'd guess a rat snake or something.

Still, like you can hear me say in the video, "I don't mind them... as long as they stay off my porch!" :lol:

No I love the wheel! With that, the intermittent wipers, the dual cupholder (put that in a loooong time ago) and the STi e-brake, the "interior niceties" department is shaping up. I just need to replace my shoddy carpet, and get some higher-quality floormats. I like the WeatherTech ones. Low priority, though.

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
Steering wheel looks great..not a mark on it huh?

Not a huge fan of the trim...different I guess. Where did you get the dual cupholder?

Your gonna need the $30 dolla red Hazard button now..

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like hell I will. :lol:

Well there wasn't a mark on the wheel, until I had to cut the hole for the cruise stalk.

I slipped a bit with the Dremel. I was going clockwise, and as I did the bottom part, it slipped too far to the left, so I had to make the hole bigger, so it wouldn't look completely retarded. I'm going to try and find some kind of rubber trim or gasket to stick in there, and take up the empty space.

As for the trim, I like it. Though, the center part is a lot more noticeable.

Oh and the cupholder is just an OE one from a USDM Legacy.

·
Registered
00 RS, 99 fozzy & 04 rex
1,086 Posts
they look good, they look really good. a big old black snake... black rat snake maybe?

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
GC8.Love said:
Oh yeah, he was adorable. :lol:

Yeah I'm guessing a rat snake, no idea though. Black rat snake perhaps...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaphe_obsoleta

When spotted by humans, Black Rat Snakes may freeze and wrinkle themselves into a series of kinks. Black Rat Snakes are usually non-aggressive, but may strike at anyone who tries to capture or harm them. They are non-venomous, and bites are not usually serious.

So... possibly.

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
nice interior

huge snake, we found one recently too, except it was a rattlesnake
i have a lame brother so we had to capture it and not kill it, damn that thing was pissed

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks.

The interior's got a lot of scratches, but it's a GC.... You sneeze, it scratches. :D

·
Registered
Acura TL-S
1,645 Posts
looks good. i think i'll have to pick up that cup holder...what years are they out of?

and i found a similar snake under the steps of my back door.... i decapitated it tho

·
Registered
MY00 rs coupe
681 Posts
black snakes are badass.... we had one at my work and i grabbed it by the tail and picked it up and it didnt even bite me or anything... it was pissed off but never bit me. i wanted to get it out of the parking lot before some rednecks ran it over or did a burn out on it or something. those are good snakes that eat rats and mice and keep the bad snakes run off.... you have no reason to be scared of that kind of snake... they are cool

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah he never came at me or anything - I didn't want to kill it. I grew up mostly rural, so I'm used to seeing all sorts of critters. He certainly caught me off guard, though!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts