Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im in the market looking for a set of v4, v5 or v6 sti seats (the red/grey ones). i would really love to own a set, the only thing that is really difficult is to find a set in good condition since you have to buy used because they are not manufactured anymore.

i love them because they are rare, because they are made by STi ( i have an STi fetish haha), i love the red/grey color, and because they hold in drivers/passengers very good.

my question to you: because they are so rare and you need to buy them used, what other aftermarket seat (bride, sparco, recaro, etc., anything that you can buy new) do you think is comparable in price and in performamce (by performance, i mean how well they hold you in compared to the STi seats).

i really want to buy a set in mint condition (they are my #1 seats, i am obsessed with them haha), the only problem is finding them. i really want to complete my STi look with them, but if i can't find a pair then i have to move on.

cliffnotes: if you couldn't buy STi seats, what would be your number 2 pick?

thanks a lot! hope to hear your opinions! --Arthur

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they in good condition? what do the bottoms (the part that your butt rests on) look like? have any more detailed pics? let me know and send me an asking price, and we'll go from there ;) --Arthur

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Ok. The STi seats rock. But as posted above, if you're patient, you could probably find a complete JDM STi interior (just seats, i mean) for cheaper than a *good* aftermarket seat & rails.

and fyi, the V4 seats aren't the same as the V5/6 ones. ;)

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those were on ebay last week and somebody bought them, i wonder what happened with that....seems shady....

also im pretty worried about this:

that looks like a rip or tear...

thanks, --Arthur

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
On the v4 seat, the upper red panels were only on the shoulder section of the seat. On the V5/6 they were part of a continuous section that ran up and over the top of the headrest section.

This is a V4 seat.

This is a V5/6 seat (Stolen from Bakemono... :run:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is the color the only difference? or are there more differences? sizes in bolsters/how well they hold you in

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
They're the same seat with different colored fabric. The v5-v6 seats are very hard to find and are generally considered the nicest of the bunch.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
They're the same seat with different colored fabric. The v5-v6 seats are very hard to find and are generally considered the nicest of the bunch.
They are not exactly the same. The bolsters are further apart on the V5/6 seats. I have two sets of JDM seats, V3/4 STi and V3/4 WRX, both of which are considerably more snug than the V5/6 seats. Granted they are all nice, but there is a slight difference.

As far as aftermarket seats, the Corbeau CR1s are very nice and a great fit if you're on the skinny side.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Yea, I too have been looking for a set for the last year almost. They're either really torn up and dirty (And still expensive) or they're already in the hands of one of the lucky people who've managed to already get them it seems.

·
Registered
Lego Wagon
1,610 Posts
They are still out there. We have had some super nice V3s at work but they all sell before they go on Ebay. Why do you not consider plain JDM WRX seats? All the support without the tacky red sticking out. They can be had for several hundred cheaper and most of the time are in better shape.

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Dont forget about the V5 limiteds or V7's, the limiteds are the same as the V5/6 just in blue and the V7's are black and blue like the USDM sti. I've noticed more V5 limiteds popping up than V5/6's lately though.
V5 limited:

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
I'm going to move this to Interior.

Also I started a photo reference thread for Subaru seats, might help a bit. :)
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70776

I believe, if you went aftermarket, a close match for GC STi seats (which are identical to GC WRX seats, just with STi fabric) would be the Recaro Sport.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
On the v4 seat, the upper red panels were only on the shoulder section of the seat. On the V5/6 they were part of a continuous section that ran up and over the top of the headrest section.

This is a V4 seat.

This is a V5/6 seat (Stolen from Bakemono... :run:
Aren't the top ones V5's and the lower V6's. I though the V4's were more great with red and grey checkering?! Cause I have the same as tops but supposed to be V5's. Either way I like them better anyways.
-Gaddis

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
^Nope, the top ones are V3/V4 STi seats and the bottoms are V5/V6 Sti seats. I have V5 seats and they look like the bottom ones.

·
mix and match..:)
MY99 GF4 Ver6 Re-creation
840 Posts
Mine are Ver 4's....:)....I like um...snug fit even for me..:)..6'4 250...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts