95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I would so buy that if it would be easy to get sent here

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im wondering if I can even get it here in one piece... If it would make it over uncut, you could probably buy it and bring it here for $4-6k.

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
why wouldnt it come in one piece? ive moved to england and back and not even a penny was missing from our cars

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eh, supposedly youre not allowed to bring over a car that is not sold here in one piece, unless you can provide proof that it is going to be used for off-road only or as a museum car or some such nonsense...

Deals like this make me want to look into it more, but I never get around to it.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Im wondering if I can even get it here in one piece... If it would make it over uncut, you could probably buy it and bring it here for $4-6k.
Why bother? It's missing the engine and ECU, and it's the same chassis as an RS, so the only thing you'd be gaining from this is the DCCD transmission, and it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a tranny.

Type R?!?!?!? i think they messed that up
Nope, there is a Type R, just not over here in the States.

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
I don't know why you'd want to do it? It doesnt have an engine or brakes. Just buy an RS and build it up if thats your intent. Between shipping, import duites and endless paperwork to get that car over here, it really won't be worthwhile for you.

·
Registered
'99 Black RS Coupe
691 Posts
Why bother? It's missing the engine and ECU, and it's the same chassis as an RS, so the only thing you'd be gaining from this is the DCCD transmission, and it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a tranny.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that all type r/ra's had a completely seam-welded chassis. Along with a bunch of weight reducing mods, like less sound deadening, etc.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I'm pretty sure that all type r/ra's had a completely seam-welded chassis. Along with a bunch of weight reducing mods, like less sound deadening, etc.
Yeah, I heard this too. Not to mention the interior, DCCD, misc asthetic bits, suspension, FRONT brakes... Ive got an EJ20G I could slap in it and be almost ready to go...

This sounds like a sweet deal. Type R >>>>> 2.5RS

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
dont forget the RHD and JDM rims along with that tranny, but yea I agree... too much hassle when you can just go for the RS

·
Registered
2016 Golf R
219 Posts
Maybe type RA's are seam welded, but certainly not a type R.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They're defo not seam welded, here's mine.

They do have increased torsional rigidity over the 4 doors but unsure if there are structural changes from an RS.

Any other Q's?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
If it was shipped it wouldn't get cut and it could be imported easier since it has no engine...correct? Thats the hassles with emmisions and crap

1 - 20 of 22 Posts