Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My knowledge of SCCA classes is pretty weak. What class do you think they will put the STi in?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
before the specs were released, i was thinking BS for sure. i still think that for the EVO but the STi may go to AS. AS is currently getting redesigned so as to not have 2 corvette classes, and, depending on weight, it might fit there. if i was a betting man, i'd still wager BS though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bob22b said:
BS, that wouldn't be very fair

It'll tear bs apart!

I'm feeling a stock on this one, prob not ss though.
[rant]

Dominate BS? Hahahaa.... At a Pro maybe. Have you seen the S2000's run in BS? Unless the suspension is phenomenal, my estimation is that the STi is simply too heavy to run with them on most courses. The E36 M3's are BS cars and aren't competitive with the S2000's.

The car *might* dominate FS. Its the same crappy McPherson strut suspension without enough camber adjustment. I can't wait to hear the STi owners complain about understeer.
Yeah, they'll be running half an inch of rear to-out just like the rest of us. Just wait.

Every car owner thinks their car will dominate its class. The scooby just isn't a tarmac car.

[/rant]

Disclaimer: The above comments do not represent the opinions of adhowe70. They only reflect the feelings kept inside an little corner of his inner being.

AS is probably where it will end up. SCCA wouldn't want to class the car so that it could be competitive. That would piss off too many members who already own their class killer cars. :curse:

·
Registered
254 Posts
adhowe70 is right though. The STi should be in BS, but it will get dumped into AS just because we don't want to upset the S2000 and Boxster apple cart.

Chris H.

·
Registered
68 Posts
First, STX isn't a stock class. ;)

Second, its specifically excluded from STX (along with the Evo.) Check your FasTrack bulletins.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
even if it wasn't specifically excluded, whouldn't the over 2.0L turbo thing exclude it anyway. i know i know, i should know this myself but i've been to inudated with G Stock, E Production, Spec Miata, PGT, and Group 2 to care about STX lately :lol:

·
Registered
Silver '99 Impreza 2.5 RS
118 Posts
Yep, they "pre excluded" the STi when everybody thought it was gonna be a 2.0l turbo.

STX is limited to 2.0l turbo and something big (5l?) NA, so the "special" STi exclusion now actually makes no sense.

Sean
www.subrew.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts