Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 RSTi
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is involved in putting an STi shorty into my 05 RS-t. The short block I was looking at includes all the stock STi internals, and I plan on using my RS heads. Is there any other parts I would need?

Also, will my e-manage and RS ECU be able to control it all still (if I have it re-tuned for the new setup)?

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
I'm actually looking to do the same thing. Sort of. :)

I want EJ257 SB on the EJ20 heads. In my MY00RS. So, I guess this thread is somewhat relevant for me.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru 2.5 RS-T BRP
359 Posts
EJ257 on the RS heads... I run that set-up (SOHC heads flow better theoretically)... What is involved??? do you mean, what are you going to need?

STI Shortblock
STI Oil Pump
STI Water Pump
STI gasket set
Modify the coolant tube that goes over the shortblock...

You know what... here you go... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601588

If you have questions after this PM me..

As far as EM goes... I would personally go with a Standalone... time to say goodbye to the RS ECU.

Now... if I had to it all again... Id get an 02WRX motor and wiring and slap an EJ257 there.... may be a bit more expensie on the short run... but its pretty much brainless and no headaches..

·
Registered
2005 RSTi
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EJ257 on the RS heads... I run that set-up (SOHC heads flow better theoretically)... What is involved??? do you mean, what are you going to need?

STI Shortblock
STI Oil Pump
STI Water Pump
STI gasket set
Modify the coolant tube that goes over the shortblock...

You know what... here you go... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601588

If you have questions after this PM me..

As far as EM goes... I would personally go with a Standalone... time to say goodbye to the RS ECU.

Now... if I had to it all again... Id get an 02WRX motor and wiring and slap an EJ257 there.... may be a bit more expensie on the short run... but its pretty much brainless and no headaches..
Thanks. When I asked what was involved I was basically asking if there were any other things that needed to be done in order for this to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts