Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1994 Subaru Impreza L
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This isn't my kit :)
I say you can make an offer because you can make an ebay offer on the page, and I say I don't know what these go for because I don't know if the asking price of $800 is unreasonable.

· Premium Member
00 RS, 14 Forester, 92 SVX
1,768 Posts
From Scoobymods:

Few words of warning:
1. It's expensive. I got mine from RalliSpec (HIGHLY recommend them) http://www.rallispec.com - it was a special order item from Japan (IIRC) and cost roughly $380.00 (I went and picked it up)
That, I believe, is the vent without the scoop. Add on whatever the scoop might be worth.

· Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
6,133 Posts
its pretty much a really expensive item that is really cool, but totally unnecessary unless you have no ac/ have some sort of rally car or something. don't get me wrong, it looks fucking pimp as shit but thats quite a price

· Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
308 Posts
$800 seems very reasonable to me for everything in that kit. Of course you are paying for the little STi on the inside of the scoop. But I don't think he's out of line at all.

Quick related question:

I went to the Rallispec web site and those are stated as being for the '02-'07WRX. Does anyone have experience installing these in a pre-'01?

· Registered
2011 A4
2,520 Posts
$800 seems very reasonable to me for everything in that kit. Of course you are paying for the little STi on the inside of the scoop. But I don't think he's out of line at all.

Quick related question:

I went to the Rallispec web site and those are stated as being for the '02-'07WRX. Does anyone have experience installing these in a pre-'01?

theres one or 2 diy's either on here or on scoobymods

· Registered
2003 rs2.5 BRP
974 Posts
i think the trim is made to fit the 02-07 impreza roof. I'm not sure about the GC roof but between my visors there's almost a hump where the roof is molded down, it's not flat to the roof. The kit molds around that so there's a chance you'd have to modify/make your own trim.

· Registered
2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon
1,069 Posts
IIRC the GC vent is also slightly smaller than the one for the GD and the latch is different between the two, I know that if the wrong latch is used it will cause the vent not to close fully or lock in an open or closed position.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.