Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
I just bought a Stromung. I'm not sure on the gains of a STi exhaust but I do know that the Stromung has impressive ones.

Not to mention the complete Stromung catback is very much cheaper then just the STi muffler.

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
I've never heard of anyone who bought the Borla catback for the Impreza.

It's there...but I would stick to the more popular (and proven) exhausts such as the Sti, Stromung, Apexi, Tanabe, 5 Zigen, Scoobysport, etc. But that's just me, the performance differences are marginal for exhausts.

Also, I heard that in some magazine test like a year or two ago the Stromung had the best performance gains of a group of exhausts tested for the RS.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza RS
40 Posts
The STI exhaust is rather spendy for what you get.

Stromung, Borla, Brullen, Scoobysport are all good exhausts. A few people over on the other club have the Borla and seem to like them a lot. Even more people have bought the other three and love them too...

RawCode

·
Registered
247 Posts
dru 888 - where did you get your stromung from? and how much? im lookin for SS one and quick.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you do get a Stromung, just remember to stop by Home Depot to get some High Temp. Grill Paint. It'll add some extra protection against rust in some of the more rust-prone areas of the exhuast. I'm using it with my Mild Steel, but I hear it may help on the SS versions too.

Besides that, great sound and butt-dyno gives it an A rating!

Ben

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys

Saw the thread and figured I would chime in with a few questions of my own.

Where do you get the stromung SS exhaust and how much does it cost......for a catback version that is. I have the GC8.

Any differences between the Single tip and the dual tip as far as performance? Or is it all strictly cosmetic?

What are the gains really like? I have an all stock ride and I want to start off with something good, is a stromung a step in the right direction as far as performance upgrades?

Thanks much

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can get the Stromung from VividRacing.com
As far as I know, there is no difference in performance between the single or dual tip...

good luck;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts