Did one final fit check with a door. All looked really good...
Got the whole panel fully welded into place and started working on filler. started at the C pillar since this joint is the most important to get right. After a couple of rounds of filling and blocking it was already looking pretty good.
And this was about where I left it. Lots more filling and blocking to do.
Finished filling and blocking all of the joints tonight. It's been super humid and rainy in my part of Michigan this week, so I made it a priority to get all the exposed metal covered. Primed everything in Eastwood 2k Epoxy primer.
Super stoked on this. Could have a new wing here tomorrow too :banana:
Haven't posted in a while because the last 3 months or so I've been overwhelmed with life changes. At the end of September I quit my job with Hyundai to take a new position with Kawasaki. This meant selling our house in Ann Arbor and moving back to Grand Rapids, where both my wife and I are from. Now that we've officially closed on the new house I figured I'd give a small update. Hopefully more RS updates in the near future.
As you can imagine, moving in the middle of a big project like mine was/is a pain in the ass. I had parts for the RS all over the place including all the glass - in my basement, shed, attic...so I gathered everything up, packed what I could into the car and put the rest in a box truck. Of course moving in the winter adds an extra element of stress. I moved the glass and some of my more valuable parts separately.
My wife actually had a really good idea to keep the road salt and spray off the car - plastic wrap!
It actually did a wonderful job of keeping the car dry.
Just yesterday we closed on our new place in Grand Rapids. I got a bit of an upgrade in garage space. 22x32 detached with two doors and an 11' attic space for storage.
The whole side with the extra space will be for the coupe while my wife gets to use the other side for regular parking. I'll need to work on getting heat installed and finishing / insulating the walls.
The garage was relatively recently built and hadn't had door openers installed, so I just installed these two guys yesterday. Will keep the ceiling free for lighting or storage.
That's all for now! Hopefully life settles down and I can get back to work on the coupe.
Well, the RS finally made it home. We wrapped it again in plastic to keep everything inside contained and dry. It's good to have solid friends. My buddy Derek helped me move the car in December with a Uhaul. This time we used his newly acquired Bus rig that we use for the rally car. Now I just need to organize and clean up the garage and I can get back to work!