Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
501 - 503 of 503 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 RS | 98 L Wagon
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
Okay, well...I haven't touched the coupe in a while. I spent a bunch of time and money getting my wagon prepped for some track days and have otherwise been busy. This weekend I finally made the time to get the engine separated, put dowel pins in and then re-assemble with all new hardware. While I was at it, I also removed the intake manifold and removed the engine harness. This will need to get modified / customized to work with my chassis harness.

I was lucky I only had to separate the engine slightly to get the dowel pins in and didn't need to completely remove it.

All new OEM bellhousing bolts...

Removed the IM and got the wire-harness ready for surgery. I also pulled out the stock turbo-inlet in preparation for the new RCM Group N hose.

And, finally...In other life-update news...I've been wanting a new daily driver for a while. I love my wagon, but I don't want to drive it through winter since its still very clean rust wise. Also, as I'm getting older, I'm placing more value on creature comforts like cruise control and a modern infotainment system haha. I was very close to buying a new STi, however in the end I jumped ship and ended up with a Honda. I have to say...so far its very, very good. We'll see how she is in the winter on a set of snow tires. I may miss that AWD...but then again, Michigan winters haven't been what they used to be recently. In any case, here she is...2021 Civic Type R in Boost Blue Pearl!

The plan is to not mod it. We'll see how that goes! I've already removed the pin-strip on the lips and have a set of winter wheels coming for it...Other than a set of different summer wheels, that should be all it needs for me to be happy!

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
80 Posts
Congrats on the CTR! I had one for a bit and I loved every moment. One of the best all around cars on the market today. Even the mpg is crazy good. If you ever mod it, let me know. I still have a few bnib parts for it 😂.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,157 Posts
Nice pick up. Have thought about one myself a time or two. Should be fun/comfortable, dd.

501 - 503 of 503 Posts