Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 381 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,124 Posts
Forgot all about this crouching tiger hidden captive nuts.. Lots of progress made since my last scroll. Still a huge motivator for us scared to attempt any rusty body work. Think about how far your skill sets have come since starting this! You run into jobs that would make us kids throw in the tools and push the shells over a cliff and you're like, "mehh look I knocked out 1 2 and 3 as easy as buttering toast". Really killing it and stoked to see this get more and more attention as life allows.

save all the blue coupes!

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Forgot all about this crouching tiger hidden captive nuts.. Lots of progress made since my last scroll. Still a huge motivator for us scared to attempt any rusty body work. Think about how far your skill sets have come since starting this! You run into jobs that would make us kids throw in the tools and push the shells over a cliff and you're like, "mehh look I knocked out 1 2 and 3 as easy as buttering toast". Really killing it and stoked to see this get more and more attention as life allows.

save all the blue coupes!
Thank you man, It means a lot. I really need to get a a real air compressor soon so I can start tackling more of the painting tasks I need to. Either way I appreciate your encouragement!

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Made a skateboard for the coupe today. Now I can roll it around and clean in the garage a bit easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
1st gen shells are so nice to move around being as light as they are. Even with an iron block four people can pick up my car and move it.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Spent a good chunk of Saturday working on the a-pillar frames and roof rails.
Passenger side wasn’t bad. Hit it with a 80 grit flap wheel and coated in rust bullet.

Same treatment to the roof rails and supports. Just cleaning up some light rust in these areas and giving a good coat of rust bullet for future protection. Also removed the map light bracket.

Then turned my attention to the passenger door. These donor doors were in decent shape but do have some dings. Fixed the major one on this one.

Getting close to thinking about priming the outside of the shell so I can start blocking it all down. Need to prep the drivers door, trunk and hood and find another fender.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Yayyyy!

I'm assuming you're gonna repaint it 74F?

Probably, yeah. It will be blue for sure. I’ve thought about doing something custom buuut...I’ll probably chicken out and do 74F.

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5RS Coupe
37 Posts
Probably, yeah. It will be blue for sure. I’ve thought about doing something custom buuut...I’ll probably chicken out and do 74F.

Maybe I'm just boring as hell, but I personally love OEM color resprays. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Passenger side door is 99% complete. Fixed a pretty big dent near the front. As I ground it down to bare metal I realized that there’s actually quite a bit of bondo on this door. I don’t know anything about the car they came off of other than that they had been shaved and painted. I sighed, and filled it again. Not the best solution but they’re flat (relatively) and it seems to have been done well. Just not sure why it needed a skim coat over the whole thing...

The spot...first application of filler...

And finished...

Also ground out and filled some rust near the back of the door. This took some shaping since I had to grind down into the metal pretty deep...

Couple shiny spots left to hit on this door and it’s ready for primer surfacer!

Also, got my LVLP gun and a 3M PPS setup. This should be good enough at least to spray primer and rust bullet where needed.

And a boat load of priming products...

And as far as color and sparkles and glitter and all that shit...I’m considering a few colors that are very close to RBP but with a little extra pop...when it gets closer to that time I’m gonna spray a bunch of test panels and pick something. But thanks for the encouragement guys! :lol:

261 - 280 of 381 Posts