Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I picked up a Nardi Wheel recently but it is starting to peel. It's not TOO bad, but is there a wrap or something I can use (something that's preferable grip-py)? I'm really loving the wheel otherwise! Any suggestions appreciated! :sunny:

-Sanjay

·
Registered
95 Impreza WRX
36 Posts
I have one as well and It looks horrible at the moment I was thinking I would just use some electrical tape or the wrapping they use on tennis raquets those feel pretty good and are really grippy.

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Wheelskins.. look them up.. had one years ago.. excellent quality and a proper piece of leather, not some walmart POS

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Registered
2001 BRP GC6
355 Posts
I wouldn't use electrical tape. After a few weeks of use, especially with exposure to heat and sweat, the black adhesive will begin to seep from in between the wraps and end up on your fingers. They will turn black. It's nasty stuff.

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
Personally i would do the leather wrap they use on golf clubs :p

·
Registered
95 Impreza WRX
36 Posts
Very good suggestions there, here's another one to the list that might also be a cheap and effective option. It's bar tape that they use on racing cycles and it's really strong and durable. I will agree that electrical tape is nasty to work with
when you have to remove it but never used it for that type of application before.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Aspen white
98 Posts
I called around a few upholstery and custom shops around FL. They all wanted $3-$400 to re wrap in suede/leather.. Even faux stuff was all the same price. Apparently its labor intensive >.>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts