Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm dealing with an airbag light and trying to trouble shoot the problem prior to taking it to the stealer-ship. I'm looking to verify that the steering wheel and airbag cover (photo below) are not aftermarket. The car is a 2002 Subaru Impreza RS. Also when I press down for the horn, it feels soft and empty. Any information or advice is appreciated.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Speedometer

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
572 Posts
Well, itd be helpful to post the year and model car that you have so we can tell if it's OEM or not. Judging from the interior it seems to be a 2002-2003 base impreza and I'm not sure if the non-wrx models got the momo steeeing wheel but for sure the WRX of those years did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, itd be helpful to post the year and model car that you have so we can tell if it's OEM or not. Judging from the interior it seems to be a 2002-2003 base impreza and I'm not sure if the non-wrx models got the momo steeeing wheel but for sure the WRX of those years did.
My bad, edited the original post. It's a 2002 RS, one of the previous owners swapped out and removed a lot of factory parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the horn work? What about cruise control? If not, it could be your clockspring. That set off the airbag light on my OBS.
I see the horn is present in the engine bay but I'm not sure its connected. If it is connected it's not working. One of the previous owners unplugged a lot Don't know about the cruise control, never drive enough to use it. Is it possible to replace just the clock spring or do I have to replace the entire airbag module?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see the horn is present in the engine bay but I'm not sure its connected. If it is connected it's not working. One of the previous owners unplugged a lot Don't know about the cruise control, never drive enough to use it. Is it possible to replace just the clock spring or do I have to replace the entire airbag module?
In my case replacing the clockspring was enough. The light went away, horn worked and CC worked.
Good luck with the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts