Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these? I don't think I've seen these before.

"Designed as direct replacements, these high quality, polyurethane bushings replace the factory rubber units to help firm up the steering input and feel.

Whiteline KSR200 Impreza/2.5 RS front steering rack bushings - $20/pair"

And only $20...

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/subaru_corner.html

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one has any opinions/experience with these thingies? I'm thinking that they're kinda gimmicky. I personally haven't felt like my steering was lacking so far, but maybe I'm missing out on something. Has anyone replaced they're steering rack before?

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,328 Posts
I've been looking into them...that's how I found this thread. My buddie put some on his moms Legacy and really noticed a difference. I'm probably going to order some from subaruwrxparts.com soon to try them out.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,850 Posts
I have them on my car. Really nice, greatly improves feedback on turn in. Basically I have full feedback throughout the whole turn. Before, it was mainly like half a second to a second where I couldn't tell how the car was handling as I was going into the corner. Overall a good investment. Installation was kind of annoying but if you stick with it it'll eventually go in. Also I noticed a little more feedback in the steerwheel for highway driving, nothing I don't mind.

·
Registered
2001 ImprezaRS2.5 Coupe White
1,513 Posts
I had some work done to my car due to an accident and they had to replace the Rack I ordered them and had them installed I feel that there is more feedback through the wheel which I think is a good thing. I did not install so I cannot speak to that.

--Troy

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
sport compact car recommened them even on the STi. So I'm assuming its a generic trait in all subaru's.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
just get the ones off kastleskorner.com. That is where I got mine.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
ya install is a bitch and a half. Lots of cursing on my end. Make sure you loosen both ends before you start tugging on anything.

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Buy the bushings, you'll get laid by every woman you see just because you have them! When power steering fluid gets on the bushings it releases a scent that makes women horny.

·
Registered
2006 Outbrat Turbo, 5MT
293 Posts
Honestly, how much of a PITA is the intall? I know that it's tight, but what else makes it difficult? I've had Whiteline bushings sitting in my garage for a month now (with a bunch of other pieces), but have not had the time to put them in.

You and Scubaru have me all skeered Jud :help: ...

lump

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,328 Posts
puckaveli said:
Buy the bushings, you'll get laid by every woman you see just because you have them! When power steering fluid gets on the bushings it releases a scent that makes women horny.

omg yes! I need to go order NOW!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
lumpy said:
Honestly, how much of a PITA is the intall? I know that it's tight, but what else makes it difficult? I've had Whiteline bushings sitting in my garage for a month now (with a bunch of other pieces), but have not had the time to put them in.

You and Scubaru have me all skeered Jud :help: ...

lump
basically getting under the car and just jiggling until they finally fit in. The passenger side is cake, the driver side is a bitch and a half.

·
Registered
2006 Outbrat Turbo, 5MT
293 Posts
4wdFury said:
basically getting under the car and just jiggling until they finally fit in. The passenger side is cake, the driver side is a bitch and a half.
Is it just the lack of room because of the placement of the lines, the square shape of the driver's side bushing or something more? I gotta admit, I'm not real warm and fuzzy about having to loosen the column as some have suggested. I sure hope that it doesn't come to that :( ...

lump

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
its just really tight and just takes a while for it to finally slip on. Once it does, you'll be thanking jesus that it's over.

·
Registered
MY00 RS silva
496 Posts
4wdFury said:
its just really tight and just takes a while for it to finally slip on. Once it does, you'll be thanking jesus that it's over.

For a second, I was wondering if you were still talking about the same thing! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts