Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one has any opinions/experience with these thingies? I'm thinking that they're kinda gimmicky. I personally haven't felt like my steering was lacking so far, but maybe I'm missing out on something. Has anyone replaced they're steering rack before?

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,328 Posts
I've been looking into them...that's how I found this thread. My buddie put some on his moms Legacy and really noticed a difference. I'm probably going to order some from subaruwrxparts.com soon to try them out.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,850 Posts
I have them on my car. Really nice, greatly improves feedback on turn in. Basically I have full feedback throughout the whole turn. Before, it was mainly like half a second to a second where I couldn't tell how the car was handling as I was going into the corner. Overall a good investment. Installation was kind of annoying but if you stick with it it'll eventually go in. Also I noticed a little more feedback in the steerwheel for highway driving, nothing I don't mind.

·
Registered
2001 ImprezaRS2.5 Coupe White
1,513 Posts
I had some work done to my car due to an accident and they had to replace the Rack I ordered them and had them installed I feel that there is more feedback through the wheel which I think is a good thing. I did not install so I cannot speak to that.

--Troy

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
sport compact car recommened them even on the STi. So I'm assuming its a generic trait in all subaru's.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
just get the ones off kastleskorner.com. That is where I got mine.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
ya install is a bitch and a half. Lots of cursing on my end. Make sure you loosen both ends before you start tugging on anything.

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Buy the bushings, you'll get laid by every woman you see just because you have them! When power steering fluid gets on the bushings it releases a scent that makes women horny.

·
Registered
2006 Outbrat Turbo, 5MT
293 Posts
Honestly, how much of a PITA is the intall? I know that it's tight, but what else makes it difficult? I've had Whiteline bushings sitting in my garage for a month now (with a bunch of other pieces), but have not had the time to put them in.

You and Scubaru have me all skeered Jud :help: ...

lump

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
lumpy said:
Honestly, how much of a PITA is the intall? I know that it's tight, but what else makes it difficult? I've had Whiteline bushings sitting in my garage for a month now (with a bunch of other pieces), but have not had the time to put them in.

You and Scubaru have me all skeered Jud :help: ...

lump
basically getting under the car and just jiggling until they finally fit in. The passenger side is cake, the driver side is a bitch and a half.

·
Registered
2006 Outbrat Turbo, 5MT
293 Posts
4wdFury said:
basically getting under the car and just jiggling until they finally fit in. The passenger side is cake, the driver side is a bitch and a half.
Is it just the lack of room because of the placement of the lines, the square shape of the driver's side bushing or something more? I gotta admit, I'm not real warm and fuzzy about having to loosen the column as some have suggested. I sure hope that it doesn't come to that :( ...

lump

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
its just really tight and just takes a while for it to finally slip on. Once it does, you'll be thanking jesus that it's over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.