Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically, my recently new cut key is jammed in the ignition.

I was wondering how to remove the steering column cover so I could get to tumbler? I have removed the 4 screws at the bottom, but the bottom half of the plastic covering is also wrapped around the ignition hole.

Sorry if I am not posting enough information.

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
If you've removed the screws on the bottom

Just gotta pop it off. It separates into two pieces. There's little tabs that click together.

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the impression I was under, I even separated the tabs, but two plastic pieces are still hanging there. The only thing holding the bottom piece up is plastic the goes around the ignition. Also the top plastic piece is stuck there cause there just isn't enough room to remove it because of the two large prongs that stick the to and bottom plastic pieces together at the center.

Maybe there is another set of tabs I am missing?

btw this is with the steering wheel adjusted all the way down.

I have a 95 impreza L if it helps any.

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
You might have to pull the gauge cluster surround and/or the gauge cluster itself. You could risk breaking off those prongs which may in fact house the holes that the screws thread into - locking the 2 halves of the clamshell. I haven't done a phase 1 dash though. This is just how I've done it with mine. :D

·
Registered
1993, Impreza L
59 Posts
Mine some how broke, even though I've never even touched it haha. But be gentle with it because it will royally piss you off by rattling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got solved. Sorry for not posting back. I just removed the lower panel below the steering wheel. Basically the only way to take that cover off is to start removing other panels.

Thanks for the help responses everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts