Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SRP RS
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, two questions, but first is a little explanation as to why I am asking them. Currently I am in the process of a v3 swap into my '99 RS. Engine is out, interior is about 80% stripped, and I was wondering two things.

1) In order to get the heater core out (the main part right behind the stereo system) I am pretty sure I need to take out the dash support bar. It looks like it is connected to the steering column, so basically if I take off the bar, will it mess with the steering column alignment?

2) How hard (if it is possible without bringing it to a shop) is it to re-align the steering column.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,056 Posts
Yes, it will mess with the position that the steering wheel sits but you can usually "eyeball" it back to center pretty good. It's not a problem for any alignment shop to adjust that for you if something doesn't line up in the end.

Yes, you have to take the dash support out. It's really not as bad as it seems though. Just find every single 10mm bolt you can and undo it. Put these bolts in a seperate bag or bin and make sure every one goes back when you put things back together. Otherwise you will have squeeks and rattles everywhere. It'll drive you crazy enough to sell your car (or get a louder stereo).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts