Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Starr's 2000 BRP s'WAG

10K views 80 replies 17 participants last post by  Starr- 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys my name is Cory, I am currently going to college and this is my second Subaru... My first one slid into a ditch and was totaled coming back down the mountain during a blizzard in January 2012. And I was sad. My 97 obs was one of the cleanest around and with low miles

But it is probably melted down or turned into a cube by now... :/
After looking for another impreza or baja even for 3 months I finally ended up with a 2000 impreza L that was for sale in the Seattle CL. Drove up, test drove it, and took it home.

"Mods"

Engine/Drivetrain:
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
ACT Streetlight Lightweight Flywheel
Cobb Cold Air Intake
Perrin Light Weight Pulley

Suspension:
Whiteline 20 22 24 RSB
Perrin endlinks
V6 type RA struts and springs
Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar

Brakes:
Rear Disk Brake Conversion using 2004 WRX Knuckles and Calipers, with Cobb Pads, SS Lines, and Slotted Rotors
Front WRX Calliper Conversion using 2002 WRX Front Callipers, Hawk Pads, SS Lines, Slotted Rotors.

Wheels:
2005 17" gold LGT wheels

Exterior:
JDM GF Taillights
Painted 2.5RS sideview Mirrors
Clear Side Markers
Tint
UKDM v6 grill(sold)
JDM roof rails
Depo Black Headlights
Hella Super tones

Interior:
JVC Touch screen NAV
Focal Speakers w/tweeters
Leather Shift Boot
Brushed Aluminum Subaru Shift Knob
Aftermarket "Impreza" floor mats
02-03 wrx F & Rear seats
02-03 wrx Matching Door Card Inserts
12 bulb LED dome light
Black Headliner and pillars
Dark Gray Carpet
97 dark gray bottom plastics

Other:

short throw
grounding kit
Hitch

As of now (2014) future plans include:
-New front and rear slotted rotors
-Install new black crystal corners
-Put in 93-96 dark grey rear hatch plastics w/ factory 6.5" speakers mounts

picture from the day I brought the car home:

How it currently sits:

Posts #s with picture updates:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wrx wheels & Interior swap

The night I brought it home I put my old wheels back on to replace the 17" works. The tires were unbalanced and it threw the handling off pretty bad.

I also liked the darker interior in my 97 compared to the new L. So the next day after taking the car to deq/ dmv while getting bent over the table for $212... I stripped the interior of both cars and swapped everything that I could. (darker grey carpet, and dark gray bottom plastics that go around the door trim and hatch area) took so freking long... oh and I installed my old stereo and a 12 led bulb dome light!

Darker 97 Carpet in:

Apparently I didn't take any pictures of it all done... probably because it was late and I was tired, but the wrx wagon seats are in along with all the darker lower plastics. I am running no passenger seat right now though, in the crash the frame of it got all F'd up. I am in need of a 02-07 frame or seat in crappy condition to put my wrx cushions on (if anyone local can help me out let me know)

#9 ·
updated first post with future plans and some other junk :)

do it, thats good deal
kewl kewl, time to get the moneyz together

Question. If I become a premium member, will the adds that show up on the pictures go away? they annoy the hell out of me...
Also, how do I put in the small little thumb nail picture so that it shows in the members journals section?

#7 ·
Fresh Wax

Spent most of the day waxing and buffing the car yesterday. It needed it pretty bad, and we ended up buffing and waxing the whole thing about 3 times to get out all the water spots and faint scratches. Took off the roof rack and roof rails and cleaned under them, paint was also chipped off on one of the rails so replaced it with one from the obs.

I am thinking I am going to get a v6 grill for it. I found a person in the uk with the same color who is willing to send me the grille, paint matched door handles, rs front blinkers and vents. It would end up being $170 to get it shipped over here... what do you guys think? is it worth it?
my beautiful blue and white poka-dot hood. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
Tint, Wheels

Jumped on a set of 05 wrx wheels to replace the 02s the wheels are in near perfect condition and they came with 80% tread toyo tires. Price: 350 :D
Also just got the windows tinted yesterday at highline customs (I highly recommend if you live in portland)
Rears: 18%
Front: 38%

I am still trying to decide what wheels I want to go with for long term... Looking at either 98 goldies, 06-07 wrx or maybe 06-07 2.5i 5 spoke wheels powder coated gold or white. Other ideas? Are there any other good US 17in oem wheels?
Oh and roof rails/v6 grill will be up next as soon as I find someone who is cool with shipping to the US.

#19 · (Edited)
Installed Super tones, v6 grill in the mail, and upgraded to premium membership :)
Oh yeah, if anyone sees a set of 4 door rs door cards... Please let me know! I have more 02-03 wrx seat covers laying around just waiting to be fit into some rs door cards....

#21 ·
small update... ended up buying that baja for 3200 (WA title) it looks like a piece of shit, but I gave the interior a good cleaning and got some fresh tags and oregon plates for it. Going to be throwing it up on CL soon and hopefully get 4500-5k.
In other news, I still have the impreza. Just installed some jdm roof rails thanks to JDMgary. I have also wrapped the headline in some nice black material. Going to be painting the pillars flat black as well... if it turns out like shit... well then its nice to have leftover parts from a past totaled car.

Things waiting to be painted: rs front bumper, v6 fog covers, v6 grille, rs side skirts and v2 rear bumper. Once I buy paint and start painting this stuff I will order the sti top spoiler, paint, and install.

#22 ·
hey cory does the wrecked obs still have the rear xmember? i might steal it from you if it does because im definantly in need of one currently.

this car is going to look so sick when its done... needs a mid wing to go with the sti top one, get an obs mid one

#23 ·
Nah sorry man. it went as scrap metal with the rest of the frame a couple months back :/
But thank you, I sure hope so! Well I will see what I think once it is on there... I am not against it, but ever sense I first saw gf8er's old car 3 years ago I have had a think for just one big top wing (as long as there are spats to help balance out its massiveness)
Also thanks again for for offering to pick up the bumper beam... never did get a reply though. :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.