Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the last one sucked. Can Lucas redeem himself? I have stopped talking to all of my old SW buddies (thank Budah) and need some Suby pals to go with. Does anyone know where the movie is being shown digitally? Anyone want to go with me?
Kevin

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Here's a listing of all digital theaters in the US:
http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/where.asp?rid=1

You'll have to call up the theater to see which one of their screens is showing SW in digital. The one downside to digital is that the screen is smaller (digital projectors can't be too far away from the screen so they can't use them on their larger theaters).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bah!

The last one sucked so bad, and was insulting on so many levels (especially intelligence-wise) that I'll not be attending. Also, George Lucas is creepy. Good luck :biggest:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bah! Go watch Jedi again for a crappy SW movie. (of course "crappy SW" is still better than 90% of the other movies out these days) :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You guys are funny!!!! I can't figure out which is worse, you guys argueing about which SW suck the most or I-clubers arguing over the best BOV!!!!

Click here to see some SW shit!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You guys are nerds!!!!!!

BTW I'll see you friday, me and frakk will be leaving here some time before the traffic gets bad. ( and for those of you that don't know, i'm talking about sitting in line to see SW)

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
obsidian has a point. I am so over the star wars crap. I just want to see the new one. I will be going around noon on Thursday, anyone able to join me?

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
obsidian said:
Bah! Go watch Jedi again for a crappy SW movie. (of course "crappy SW" is still better than 90% of the other movies out these days) :)
Dude JEDI!!!! was awesome! it won Some Oscars too...but if I was to pick a favorite SW I would go definatly Empire! I love the Scences on Hoth!!!! that rocks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Uhm. EVERY StarWars movie has won some Oscars.

But I agree with you on Empire. Personally, I rank them as:

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi

Hopefully Attack of the Clones will be somewhere in the ANH and TPM range.

ROTJ is not a bad movie, it just is a letdown for the finale movie of a six movie saga. I think it'll seem even weaker when all the movies are finished. The first Jabba scenes are great and the Luke-Vader-Emperor scenes are among the best of all SW scenes, but the land battle on Endore? UGH! It ruins it all. At least in TPM, the native army (1) had cool technology but (2) still got their butts kicked by the droids. The ewoks (which i actually like) beat the best stormtroppers in the galaxy with sticks and rocks!! UGH!!!

Also, the other problem with ROTJ is the ESB builds up all the characters, and ROTJ basically just screws all character development and just fights some big lame ass Endor battle. If there was one more movie after ROTJ, it would be better.

Oh well... still, ROTJ is better than most movies out there :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts