Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 WRX with a Cobb turboback, SF intake w/box, and 91 oct MAP running 93 oct fuel. Other small engine related/unrelated mods: grounding kit, Blox magnetic oil drain plug, SPT heat shield, new fluids, timing belt, waterpump.. yadda yadda.

Runs well, I'm fine with power, and I'm certainly not looking for a protune at this point. Just looking for some small supporting mods.. and when i mean small, I mean small...

I was thinking:
After MAF hose
Turbo inlet (possibly, PITA to install I hear)
Intercooler Y-pipe
Intercooler coupler
Oil catch can (maybe, not really needed, but might help the intercooler)
Fresh PCV valve

Am I missing any SMALL items?.. mainly maintenance oriented from a long-term standpoint. Mainly refresher items.

Thanks,

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also.. just thought - any gaskets that need replacing after about 100k miles? I replaced the BPV gasket just for the sake of it about a year ago because it was so cheap.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,030 Posts
After MAF hose -No big gains, i saw no need to change this on my car. Im still on stock airbox.
Turbo inlet -Sucks to install but youll feel good improvement in turbo response
Intercooler Y-pipe -Get an STI intercooler, dont waste time with the WRX one
Intercooler coupler -No improvements, strictly asthetic.
Oil catch can -For a street car you dont really need one, maybe a grimmspeed AOS would be good if you think you'd need it
Fresh PCV valve -Just clean it and reinstall, done. Just saved you $6.

If your considering doing an inlet, Phenolic spacers are a nice option to throw in, helps control intake temps quite a bit driving around. Id look into doing all your intake/throttle/intercooler gaskets if your taking things apart, makes a huge difference in how the car runs, id recommend the double thick grimmspeed ones theyre much nicer than OEM stuff.

Beyond that, theres not much else to do without moving into power mods like TGV deletes or a VF turbo etc etc

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the after MAF hose is from someone local for $30... so meh, might as well throw it in.

I might be able to get an STI TMIC local too... so I could go with that and the Y-pipe that comes with it. Hopefully that will match up to the TD04. The TD04 is about a year old with 25k miles on it, so I wasn't looking to go to a VF or larger.

IC coupler.. might as well replace while I'm there only because mines kind or rotting out at this point.

Thanks you sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts