Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peter, whats happening.

Whats going on guys. I'm uh considering doing a similar stage 2 package from cobb tuning.

It comes with pulleys, intake, exhaust, headers

How noticable of a change will I make and how much should my crank hp be about then??

If someone could tell me that would be good,
thanks alot guys,

Devon
Hey wait lemme do the cool little dude with da sun glasses.

:checkit: awww ya

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
do your prefer NA over FI? If yes, cobb would be a nice way to go. But you might be able to pickup used parts here and there from other people or do custom cat back for cheaper. I think it's a great package, but little on the high side for me (I am a cheap bastard! :lol: ).

But if you want as much power as possible. Ludespeed stage 1 would be a good place to start also. Stage 1 should give you equivalent or better with few hundered over. but has a lot more potential to grow later on. And also, with FI, you could pick up parts here and there for cheaper.. ie stock wrx parts...

First decide what you want... NA or FI? I would go FI myself, but rather save the money for a rally car later! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going NA does that help?

Thanks,
Take care scoobys,
Devon

P.S:Member I'm not looking for a tremendous gain just maybe 25-30 hp or so

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
NA is cool! I wanted to go that route but too expensive. With stage two, it will only give you about 20 HP gain. Check the dyno result here!

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000059

Hope by looking at those number will help you to decide if the stage 2 is worth the money or not. :)

tonberryking said:
I'm going NA does that help?

Thanks,
Take care scoobys,
Devon

P.S:Member I'm not looking for a tremendous gain just maybe 25-30 hp or so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cobb Stage 2

Yeeeeeeah, So why don't you go ahead and order the stage two.
Ahhh Office Space great movie!

Over a period of time I pieced togther a cobb stage 2 system. I have EXACTLY every peice from that kit, but I never bought any of them from Cobb :D, I picked it all up used here and there. Actually the only difference in my setup and the cobb stage two, is that I have a borla 2 1/8" cat back while Cobb uses a 2 1/4" stromung (or at least they used to use stromung, not sure anymore). Also In addition I upgraded my clutch and installed a lightened flywheel.

There is a noticable difference! The car is definatly quicker, faster, peppier, louder etc... than stock. I have driven a near stock RS since I did my mods, and then I really appreciated the performance increase! I highly recommend the combination of mods.

Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts