Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza R.S (Turb0)
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Guys

I have a 1999 Subaru RS. I replaced my steering wheel with a quick release, naturally my SRS light is on. I read that I can possible get the light off if I figured the right resistor....I located the diagnostic connecter pinned terminal 1, turn the ignition on accessories...waiting for the air bag light to flash the code sequence that would verify my only issue being the steering wheel....but the airbag light just stays solid. All connectors are plugged in except the steering wheel, the test connector does work, considering the abs self diagnostic connector is the same, I pinned the terminal for the abs and it started flashing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi tempest! are you unsure what resistor you need to run for the steering wheel air bag? so you don't have a SRS light, or something else like" just trying, SRS green connector test to flash that your driver air bag is not installed?"
i would just get the reading off the airbag and find or order a resistor to match it, should go away then. check this video out on how to test...
Airbag Systems How to test an Airbag to know if it is good or bad - YouTube

·
Registered
1999 Impreza R.S (Turb0)
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi tempest! are you unsure what resistor you need to run for the steering wheel air bag? so you don't have a SRS light, or something else like" just trying, SRS green connector test to flash that your driver air bag is not installed?"
i would just get the reading off the airbag and find or order a resistor to match it, should go away then. check this video out on how to test...
Airbag Systems How to test an Airbag to know if it is good or bad - YouTube
Thankz for the response, I'm honestly trying to get rid of the light all together. I'll get on it, and follow up with the results.

Thankz in Advance,
Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts