Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS caged/97obs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well to start things off I was in in the right place at the right time. I had boughten an 02 Wrx bugeye about a year ago with a burnt valve for $1000.It cost me about $250 in parts and since I do all my own work labor was free. Anyways a person that knew with a built swapped RS that I had done a lot of work on the car was going e85. Well needless to ya stock ej257 rods can't handle 450plus tq and she kicked a rod out. My friend didn't have the money to fix it and he needed a car so I offered him my running bugeye with 289,xxx for his RS. And here's all the goodies

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs SRP
Engine just rebuilt by me
Ej257 hybrid 04 wrx swap
stock 2.0 heads
Wisco pistons
Eagle rods
Acl rod and mains
ARP heads studs
cometic .045 head gasket
Area1320 tgv deletes
Blosch 20g (gone) GT3582r coming soon
Tial ewg
dw1300's
crawford can

Engine management: Utec/opensourse

Drivetrain:

Ver3 type Ra dccd
1-4ppg rem treated
With stock Wrx 5th (by Jodie)
390:1 final drive
Sti180 LSD rear diff
Spiider dccd control
Act hdxx 6puck
Act race light flywheel

Suspension and braking:

Sti brembos front and rear
Dba slotted rotors
Kyb ago w/spt springs
White like sways frt and rear with end links
Rear lock downs
White line comfort anti lifts

Interior
555 seats
Jdm ver 6 door cards
8point roll cage
Area1320 short throw shifter

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS caged/97obs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wait if its an EJ257 hybrid how is it a 2.0? or is the shortblock an ej257 with ej20 heads and intake mani? a tad confused lol

sweet build though. any dyno/strip numbers? must be a blast
ya 2.0 heads 2.5 block

No numbers or times yet. Im hoping to get on the dyno in the next week or so.Im currently wait for my bov,oil feed line for turbo,and some other odds and ends.I hoping to make 500 whp on pump.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS caged/97obs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well finally got some more don in the car this week. Installed braided ps line which cleaned that ugly stock lookin one out. Redid the engine harness ,took out all the unneeded wires and plugs ( purge and tgv). Had to also extend the tps wire harness, wire aem map,and gm iat
Ditching the maf and going speed density

The lates and greatest bov :)

engine harness makeover

thats after i redid the harness. and its all tucked away nicely. Looks so much better.
95% done

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS caged/97obs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well here's a little update.The car is running finally. We went full speed density on the ecu/open sourse and running the utec on top of it, what a great combo and man does it pull hard. Should have some numbers to put up tonite.Off to the dyno in T-minus 1hr w/Area1320!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.