Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
05 CGM Impreza 2.5 RS Sport
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I went at this and it was working great but after install the car would stall out. I know first thought it air leak but is there anything else it could be? I wanna cover all bases before i go back at trying to reinstall since I had to put back on the stocker so I could get to work tomorrow. Yes i know probably a straight up noob question, but this is the first time im doing this without anyones help so any help would greatly be apperciated! (after the fact lol)

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
is there a CEL? if it stalls then my first guess would be you forgot to plug the MAF sensor back in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if the sensor was the problem then when i put my stock set up back on it wouldnt of worked..correct?

and I never unplugged it- i just left it on the part of the intake
btw its a cosmo racing sr intake if that makes any difference

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
well maybe you forgot to plug in your MAF sensor when you installed your new intake but when you went to put on the OEM one you remembered to plug it in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I also had an extra bung because my car is an 05 which i capped off- i'm still thinking its probably an air leak but like i said i just wanna do it right the next time i attempt so i dont wing another screwdriver down my street

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
alright where's falconrs to come and show us all up and say that we're all retarded and that it's actually babies getting sucked into the intake manifold?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
1. Disconnect Battery

2. Pump brakes for 60 seconds.

3. Reconnect Battery

4. Start Car.

5. Let it idle on its own for 10 minutes minimum, do not touch the gas during this time.

6. Go drive the piss out of your car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did all that til i got to the start car and let idle- right after that just stalled out- thus me :bonk:
Like I said I think its an air leak but i didnt hear or see and leaks-thus my question- but im gonna try the set up again over the weekend with my light and it works out or im gonna be a not so happy camper

·
Registered
Acura TL-S
1,645 Posts
air leak wouldnt be a problem, if all you touched was the intake then its most likely the maf... maybe it got damaged from being to rough with it

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
FalconRS said:
1. Disconnect Battery

3. Reconnect Battery

4. Start Car.

5. Let it idle on its own for 10 minutes minimum, do not touch the gas during this time.

+1 for an ECU reset.

I think your A/F ratio is crapped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I def didnt damage the MAF cause then it wouldnt of started when i put the stock set up back on

gonna try the ECU reset for longer when i try to put on the set up again

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Njsurfrgurl said:
I did all that til i got to the start car and let idle- right after that just stalled out- thus me :bonk:
Like I said I think its an air leak but i didnt hear or see and leaks-thus my question- but im gonna try the set up again over the weekend with my light and it works out or im gonna be a not so happy camper
Did you follow these steps ABSOLUTELY to the letter (particularly the ones I bolded)....

FalconRS said:
1. Disconnect Battery

3. Reconnect Battery

4. Start Car.

If you cut the idle time short or didn't pump the brakes long enough to completely drain the ECU, the idle procedure will not relearn properly and your car will stall out. You must follow the instructions TO THE LETTER. There is no rushing this.

The problem is the trainer, not the monkey.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah def gonna take a lil more care to doing it the next time...ill let you guys know if i have any more problems

Thanks again i really apperciate it

·
Wonderstud! Damn, lookit all those posts!
05 obp 2.5wrs ^.^v
158 Posts
i just installed the same sri on my 05. my car didn't stall so I don't know what ur problem could be (i also didn't follow the exact instructions posted earlier in the thread). Hopefully things are working out for you now. I reset the ECU, and she runs better. the only problem i've been running into is that sometimes in 1st, she feels like she's in 2 or 3 even.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh its all good- i forgot to update- fixed works and all good- sounds a lil loud when i get on it but that will even out when i put my exhaust on at the end of the summer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts