Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.5i impreza Wagon Black
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, every year when winter comes my suspension gets very squeaky, i have a 06 2.5i with 110K on it. There is a recall on the lower control arms on my vehicle for rust issues in states that use salt on roads ( haven't had a chance to go since they said it may take 2 1/2 hours to a whole day/over night) Would this be the source of the squeaking? or something else? once the car is moving for awhile its seems to squeak less, which leads me to think its something else.

·
Resident ovloV Guru
'09 Impreza 2.5i/'00 OBS
3,077 Posts
It could be. You need to be a little more specific then I have a squeak. Mod list would help, when it make the squeak, but hey its free parts, why not go get it done.

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
at that kind of milage your suspension is just getting worn out, the tophats are nutorious for squeeking in colder weather. Subaru uses pretty soft rubber which breaks down quicker that most vehicles, sadly its anyones guess where the failing joints could be coming from.

but the tophats are a good place to start. can you be more specific on where the sound is resonating from?

·
Registered
2001 obp RS
492 Posts
Could also be the extreme temperature changes we here in Mass experience. It goes from 45 to like 5 in just 12 hours. Heard of a few people with coilovers whose systems would squeak until they warmed up from constant movement of driving after sitting over night.

·
Registered
2006 2.5i impreza Wagon Black
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So we finally got snow here in Ma, as soon as we got snow, my suspension stopped squeaking completely. weird... maybe it was from the dry cold/freezing air before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.