Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

spoiler's

649 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kickin_81 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I'm a new one to this forum. Just bought a 2000 Subaru Impreza 4dr, blue, 5spd, 33k miles. Sold my 89 civic hatch back POS!. and needed a better car. Was wondering some things, like does the coupe spoiler fit mine?, w/o redrilling the holes? I saw a cool looking one on ebay. I know its not the coupes tho. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873588508 ... was wondering if that would also fit my stock holes.. Thanks..

#3 ·
That's a replica (like my version 6). The holes may not be perfectly parallel (like my version 6), but you can always find a way around it and use some thread locker on the bolts (like my version 6). The wiring for the third brake light, if it has one (like... ahh never mind) should come with long enough wiring to reach your stock wing's wiring.

#4 ·
kickin_81 said:
That's a replica (like my version 6). The holes may not be perfectly parallel (like my version 6), but you can always find a way around it and use some thread locker on the bolts (like my version 6). The wiring for the third brake light, if it has one (like... ahh never mind) should come with long enough wiring to reach your stock wing's wiring.
just wondering, where did you get a ver. 6 replica?

#5 ·
I got it from Revolution Motorsports in Wisconsin. They're a good company, give them a call.

FYI, it costs $320 + shipping. They may have 22B adjustable spoilers for sale also ($350 back then). It weighed about 40-50 lbs. I don't exactly know what's it made of, but it held through last winter (and that's about -20 degree Minnesota Winter) without any paint chipped off. Speaking of paint, I got mine done locally from this other scooby guy I didn't know of. He charged $140, so feel free to do some comparison shopping before you get yours professionally painted.

#7 ·
asusimpreza said:
40-50 lbs!! Holy cow..that is a heavy wing. I dunno my replica V5 wing is roughly 11 lbs only. That wing seems to weight as much as our hoods. lol(i'm sure the hood weighs more...just joking)

Ben
Sorry, I gave a rough estimate of the weight. If your V5 wing is about 11 lbs., then the version 6 should be a bit north of that. The reason I say it's around 40-50 is because I lift boxes at work, and it feels like it. It could have been the size that decieved my senses, but I'd go for 30-40 lbs. I never weighed the darn thing.:run:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.