Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some nice budget driven sparco knockoffs...what a nightmare. my knees are so sore. i fabricated brackets and roughed them in and placed the seat gently in position to get it in the perfect spot, in the middle of it's travel, just right between the door and the center console... and drilled and lockwashered etc. and i STILL have to do the driver side, add the seat belt buckles and get them powdercoated.
spend the extra 150 and get the brackets. trust me on this one.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
it is kinda a pain. but it's well worth it. don't forget that there is a mounting point near the door for an o-ring bolt. you can feel it by pushing around the carpet.

·
Registered
548 Posts
What are you going to be doing to the car after you get the seats in the car. You must have the next project lined up.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Luckily I got a set of WRX seats for next to nothing and they came with the seat rails. Fabricating seat rails is a PITA that I never want to do again.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
update; took my car in to search for a vaccuum leak and the guys rofl'ed my seat brackets. then they told me that if i ever rolled it with someone in that seat, they would die. so.... i am letting them fab me up some aluminum mounts, and based on what is in their cars, they will be perfect, technical looking and very sanitary. pics to follow.
there are just some things you shouldn't compromise.
What are you going to be doing to the car after you get the seats in the car. You must have the next project lined up.
i was thinking some o.z. superlegerra 17" 15 lb'ers wheels. if i can get up to three sets of 17" alloys i can ditch the two sets of 16"ers and get big ass brakes. check these; www.movit.com. nice selection for scoobs. big ass brakes can carve two seconds off your best lap time.... then the little bastard is pretty much done save a few minor details. edit; Oregon? that's close! i am planning three or seven trips down to medford next summer to visit my eldery parents. you could catch a ride! buy a kidney belt!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts