Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some UEL headers from these guys on 8/16/13 at 5PM eastern time.
They showed up 8/17/13 around 2PM via fedex. VERY fast shipping. Product was very well packaged.

Upon first inspection, they included all hardware needed plus new gaskets.
I had planned on having to re weld them if they werent up to my standards, but surprisingly were made very well.

Once again, had read plenty of stories about fitment issues with aftermarket headers along with heat/CEL/o2 sensor issues. Pulled the old out, bolted my cats on to the new headers and back in with perfect fitment. Didnt even have to stretch them. Clears oil filter with plenty of room to change it out.

Sound. There is no evidence of any rattle or a "tinny" sound that others have reported with aftermarket headers. Mine are unwrapped/uncoated and sound great.

Here is the website. Im not vouching for any other item except for the headers, as i have no first hand experience with anything else, but ill probably be giving them some more business to see if thier quality is as good elsewhere.

Speedyracer Performance Auto Parts

And the headers i bought.

1999-2005 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.5L RS SOHC HEADER STAINLESS

TL:DR Cheap headers from this place are damn good quality.

·
Registered
2000 GF Impreza
118 Posts
I just bought and installed mine from speedy racer recently and I'm very happy with them. I mostly agree about the fitment, except that mine was slightly off where it connects to the cat. I had to take it to a muffler shop because it just wouldn't budge into the correct position. So although that was slightly annoying, I expected it considering how cheap I got it for. Other than that, I love the sound and haven't noticed a tinny noise either. For a cheap header I would definitely recommend it as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bought the same, threw away the gaskets and bought OEM recently. They didn't perfectly fit, but nothing a bit or muscle can't solve.

+ 1 for speedyracer.

·
Registered
03 Silver OBS
6 Posts
Nice to hear this, was trying to order a set through Amazon when for whatever reason they would not deliver to my house (ordered hundreds of things over 6-7 years, never had that issue) when I googled and found Speedyracer, got the ones OP linked for $120 shipped.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think becuase its not a CARB certified exhaust component (I live in Ca) Amazon won't send it to me, much like the way they won't send Brass Knuckles or a switch blade to Californians.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts