Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there so much NASCAR and Winston Cup on Speed? I can care less how fast a bunch of rednecks can go in a circle. Every now and then is cool, but Speed is almost all NASCAR. Last week they showed a lot of American GT and Euro GT racing, it was great.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Quick WRX said:
Why is there so much NASCAR and Winston Cup on Speed? I can care less how fast a bunch of rednecks can go in a circle. Every now and then is cool, but Speed is almost all NASCAR. Last week they showed a lot of American GT and Euro GT racing, it was great.
I hear ya man!! the thing Speed Channel is now owned by FOX I and I do believe FOX has an agreement with NASCAR about it's air time (I might be wrong about this...but hey it sure tha fuck sounds good right?) I believe that Speed Channel is trying to reach to all of the HICKS and Rednecks outthere...and there are more marketing posibilities in NASCAR than any other racing series outhere...I sure wish they had the JTCC!! that would awesome...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No shit! It sucks. We have to stay up till like 11:00 to see anything good. I want some prime time F1 or rally god damn it!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
why NASCAR, because its marketable. $$$$, that's your reason. its fine with me if they give the rednecks what they want to be able to afford to show what i like, not that i have a tv...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ever see that High-Rev Tuners show? First the did a feture in APC and all the "performance" products they make. Then they talked to a guy at SEMA about his "OZ Lancer" and how it was the "only turbo all-wheel-drive car in world". Not only is a american lancer not AWD it isnt Turbo, and they have never heard of Skyline's or WRX's. What a crock.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Quick WRX said:
Ever see that High-Rev Tuners show? First the did a feture in APC and all the "performance" products they make. Then they talked to a guy at SEMA about his "OZ Lancer" and how it was the "only turbo all-wheel-drive car in world". Not only is a american lancer not AWD it isnt Turbo, and they have never heard of Skyline's or WRX's. What a crock.
Are you Seriuos about this shit??

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
what do you expect by a show sponsored by Pep Boys :lol: i've only seen it once, and it was quite entertaining when the people would clearly forget what they were supposed to say and then try to make something up, but they know nothing and sounded like complete idiots.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
We have Great Britain this weekend...yeah baby!!!

I believe Lake Superior Rally is on tonight too...have to check your local times.

Go Petter.....make us proud!!! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
hi rev tuners is awesome! the most idiotic show on television. the people hosting the show know nothing at all about cars. it's insane!

i read an article in import tuner or some such magazine about the speed channel and their new lineup. the deal is that nascar is the most popular form of motorsport in the usa, like it or not. i hate it, personally. anyway, they play nascar on monday, wednesday, and friday, like all day, then tuesday and thursday is motorcycles. then on the weekends its random nascar, GT, kart, F1, more motorcycles, and stuff like that. this was in a letter from the president of the speed channel. he did mention that they' increased their rally coverage to cover every WRC event and most of the SCCA rally events which greatly enhanced their rally covereage. same with GT and touring car coverage, as well as F1 and cart. they took out all marine and air coverage, so it's only cars and motorcycles now. once in a while you see semi trucks racing, but that's random stuff. the problem with speed channel is that you can't just turn it on and watch something cool. you have to time it right, or chances are you'll just get nascar, or speed news nascar edition.

but the article also said that the nascar programming is so popular that it allows them to spend money on improved rally (and other) coverage, which is really cool. at least there is a channel that shows the WRC racing, or what would we do?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Yeah the Super Special doesn't mean much...just going round a track in a stadium.
More for show than anything. The crowds are horrible for it!! ;)

He deserves something better than third!!!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts