Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some Bosch Platinum +4 just to see how well they work, not installed yet. But anyone use them and/or what do most like to use?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, you only should use platinums if it's a PITA to change plugs, or are lazy and don't like changing them. You are better off using regular copper plugs as opposed to platinums. I've always used NGK's...and they work great for my RS. :D

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I put them in a 97' 2.5 Legacy OB with no problems. Pain to change the plugs, not as easy as my RS. I'd go with std NGK copper for the best performance and just change them yearly. That's what I do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm using the Plat +4's, and apart from my not tightening one of them down, they seem to be fine. Note that if, after you install them, you find your gas mileage going in the toilet, check that they are all snug. I had one loose, apparently losing some compression on the #4 cylinder. :rolleyes:

I haven't really noticed any performance difference, though they do seem to idle a touch smoother.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
I'm still running a set, a smoother idle and better off idle acceleration was nice. They made a noticable difference for a while [10 months?]. At this very moment I can't tell the difference anymore maybe I'm used to them or the gains have deminished.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check your subaru manual its in their.
Normally the gap from Ngk is good enough within specs
The wider the gap the more power,but to wide a gap your ignition system has to work harder. The smaller the gap the better starts you get. You need a balance for your car.

luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts