Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are different spark wires, and plugs that i can use on a 2.5 rs 02. i am looking around and kinda do not know what to really lok for with out haveing to change a lot. I am basically looking fo rcheap and easy upgrrades that do not have to be an ordeal.
the 5 minute job that takes all day.

·
Registered
139 Posts
check out MSD ignitions. send em an email if you're intrested. their deal with me a few months back was that i send them a set of factory wires and they send me a set of new wires that they made.
total cost would be the price of factory wires (must be from subaru only) and shipping.
i hear the name magnacore quite often also.
www.vividracing.com has ngk iridium and plats i think. hope this helps.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had Magnecor on for a few thousand miles and I'm not real impressed with them.

Several times the boot has pulled off the plug and I got intermittent erratic idle. I took them off and put my old (89,000 mile) Subaru OEM plug wires back on and the problems went away.

I've dealt with MSD thru the years and have always gotten good wires from them. For my RS though it will be Suby OEM all the way when it comes to plug wires.

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
I have the magnigoe wires with denso plugs. When they are not popping off they are great. I've had them on for about 2 weeks and the first 3 days 2 kept on popping out, now they are fine but I just keep checking just in case.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I've had my Magnecor wires for over a year and a half, and I have never had to do any maintence checks on them before (includes them falling out or off). I believe they are made of better materials, so I don't think they'll be cracking or losing their conductivity any time soon. They are still as soft as they were when I got them out of the box. FWIW, I bought my wires directly from magnecor... over the phone. :) They didn't make a big difference back then, but I'm sure it's making a difference now with all my different mods. Especially in conjunction with the SPG mod.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just got a set of the sparkco 9.2mm wires the other day. I haven't had a chance to put them on yet, but when I do I'll post again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't do it Scrubaru. If you did by now, let me guess, CEL flashing, code is 3rd Cyl Misfire. Take them off before the melt themselves over the plug. If they do let me know, happened to me, pulled hte connector off with needle-nosed pliers, almost fudged things up for good!

NGK wires, NGK plugs, Subaru's love 'em, and we love our Subarus. :confused:

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Don't do it Scrubaru. If you did by now, let me guess, CEL flashing, code is 3rd Cyl Misfire. Take them off before the melt themselves over the plug. If they do let me know, happened to me, pulled hte connector off with needle-nosed pliers, almost fudged things up for good!
I don't know it that's particular to Sparco wires, I've seen it w/ the oem ones too.

Myself I've been using the Magnecor wires for about 3 years w/ no problems. Not even a boot pop off. I did have to clean the connectors up at the coil pack once but that's about it.

Peaty

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
I've got MSD race wires. I custom built them using the OE boots and terminals... not too hard and 1/2 the price of OE. There is a write up posted on Scoobymods.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts