Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wazzzuuuuppppp fellas!

just a quick ?. what auto part store sells magnacore spark plug wires? I just bought some iridium plugs and i dont want to use them until i get those wires. i got a 2001 rs. let me know guys!
Joey

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I personally wouldn't think any autoparts store will carry magnecor wires. If you go to a tuner shop, they may have a set if they work with Subaru cars. There's one in my area who sells them for a little over $110. I own a set and didn't notice much (but that was when I only had an intake), but I'm sure it helps out with all the other mods you have. Especially mods like exhaust, pulleys, etc.

Moral of the story, get a set for around $90 off the net somewhere. I got mine from Magnecor themselves at their retail price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
joeyblunted said:
wazzzuuuuppppp fellas!

just a quick ?. what auto part store sells magnacore spark plug wires? I just bought some iridium plugs and i dont want to use them until i get those wires. i got a 2001 rs. let me know guys!
Joey
swap out those Iridiums and get copper. Copper is a better conductor, however you have to change them more often.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Spark plugs literally gets molded into the engine if left in for too long. Total guess, but I'd say maybe 50000 miles or so. I've heard many horror stories of platinums and iridiums left in the engine for long enough that the spark plug broke off while removing. That will be a lot of money to fix. As for myself, I'm sticking with NGK coppers and changing them every 25000 miles or less. Besides, I have the ProECM chip. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts