Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00' RS and I wanted to change the plugs and the wiring. I wanted to know what Brand of plugs people were using as well as wiring. Not that it's important but I'd like to be able to get colored wires, preferably blue. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
i use OEM myself... and prefer em..

but.. you can get magnecore wires (approx $100) in red...
also there is the Accel wires - yellow - for about $50ish..

good luck
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
NGK plugs and OEM wires are just fine. It would be a waste of cash to get any “better” wires unless you have some kind of ignition upgrade like a hot coil pack.

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
i used to have the ngk but they dont mix very well the nitrus! kinda had a little troble with that about 4 hours away from my house but that is a diffrent story but right now i have both oem plugs and wires and just happy with them both

·
Registered
283 Posts
you got false advertising on the subject of this thread here...:sunny:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
scrubaru said:
I have a 00' RS and I wanted to change the plugs and the wiring. I wanted to know what Brand of plugs people were using as well as wiring. Not that it's important but I'd like to be able to get colored wires, preferably blue. thanks in advance.
I have Magnecor wires and NGK plugs, and I would not sell them for $$ if I could. I'm no auto tech, but by having the wires... I feel safe that my mods (which help the car breathe) should benefit from the better spark. I'm sure aftermarket wires last longer as long as moisture doesn't get in. NGK wires are blue.:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts