Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting..
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Eric, I'm 16 and I live in Nashville, TN.

My is history with subi's is kind of short but I'll say it anyways. My dad had a 93 legacy for about 8 years or around then. He sold it or gave it away or something this summer. I always liked the subi and was a bit irritated when my dad let it go. So that's about it with that.

I've been looking for a first car for awhile now, something like 3 or 4 months. I look for mostly subaru's and imports in general. There isn't many of them in the south to begin with and I'm pretty sure my parents will only buy from a dealer. So that narrows it down a ton. Apart from subaru's I've been looking at eclipse's, mr2's, integra, 240 & 300's. My budget is under 5000. I would really like to keep it in the 3000-4000 range though.

If any body knows of any cheap rs's or rsti in the Tennessee area please alert me!

·
Registered
Waiting..
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with an L, Outback, or RS... NA. You won't regret it.

And RSTi is going to be over your budget and take premium fuel. Not to mention you probably won't know everything about it... I know I wouldn't.
I've seen a few outbacks for sale but they weren't in very good condition which pisses me off when people don't take care of their cars then they just try to sell them.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS RBP
58 Posts
Good luck on your search. I also say try to find an RS or an L. Great first cars that you can have and upgrade for the rest of your life if you take care of it.
Also, just my opinion, but i have 2 subarus in my driveway, a scion xb, and a mistubishi eclipse. Dont get an eclipse. Pain to work on and there is ALWAYS something that needs to be fixed on it. Look into some scions also. great cars with awesome gas mileage and perfect reliability all for a really inexpensive price.

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,042 Posts
rsti's arent cheap, as said before perfect first car is an L that you can beat to shit or an rs which you can take care of. I mean you can obviously take care of the L aswell...hehe

gl with your search, glad to have another on board!

·
Registered
Waiting..
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck on your search. I also say try to find an RS or an L. Great first cars that you can have and upgrade for the rest of your life if you take care of it.
Also, just my opinion, but i have 2 subarus in my driveway, a scion xb, and a mistubishi eclipse. Dont get an eclipse. Pain to work on and there is ALWAYS something that needs to be fixed on it. Look into some scions also. great cars with awesome gas mileage and perfect reliability all for a really inexpensive price.
Yeah, I've just liked mitsubishi's alot too because like everyone in my family has had one, and I've learned to drive on them.

rsti's arent cheap, as said before perfect first car is an L that you can beat to shit or an rs which you can take care of. I mean you can obviously take care of the L aswell...hehe

gl with your search, glad to have another on board!
Yeah i was thinking rsti's were kinda cheaper because a friend of mine got one for cheap, but when I ask him how much they are normally i flipped so I guess i shouldn't be looking for them lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.