Registered
Leg 3.6R, FXT, XV, BRZ
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: October 12th & 13th, 2002
Where: Whitehouse Field - Jacksonville, Florida
Name: Southeast Region Subaru Challenge
Sponsors: Subaru of America & your local South East Subaru Dealers

This autocross event will follow SCCA guidelines for tech and classing. Timing and scoring will also be handled by the SCCA (Buccaneer Region). Since many other states have expressed an interest in doing this, the event is now open to Subaru's from any state. Come out and represent your state! This will be a Subaru only event!

IF interested in attending please click HERE!

Here is where the original idea came from:
Last week I had a chance to sit down with Pete Mastro of Mastro Subaru in Tampa and Ralph Priebe, a Subaru District Manager with SCCA ties. We discussed the possibilities of the Georgia/Florida I-Club event in the late summer timeframe. Pete Mastro bounced the ideas we came up with off of the Florida I Club chat group and their responses were very positive. We are still in the early planning stages.

Randy Reinhardt
Southeast Subaru

And here are the details:
The event would be a two-day Auto Cross competition in Jacksonville Florida. It will be set up and timed by the local Buccaneer Region SCCA chapter. It will be limited to 100 drivers in order to conclude by noon on Sunday. All drivers would compete on Saturday for 4 timed runs. On Sunday the top drivers from each state would compete for top honors in their class. The number of classes registered for the competition would determine the number of Sunday competitors. Trophies would be presented for class winners on Sunday. By noon on Sunday we will know which state has the fastest Subaru Auto-crossers and just who takes home the bragging rights. There would be a nominal charge per participant to cover insurance and part of the event setup. Subaru of America will pay for some of the event cost as a show of appreciation of the customers who love their Subaru's in the South East.

List of People attending so far click HERE!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts