Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

After months of searching for a good GF to buy, (you can see previous candidates and my adventures with them here and here), I can finally start working on Sora:

Here's a brief summary about the car:
It's a 1994 1.8 (EJ18) Impreza Wagon (GF6). The car is pretty much stock, the only modification I could spot so far is the steering wheel (which looks a lot like the one from 2.5RS's, but I think came from a Legacy... Are they the same?).
Maybe also wheels? Though I'm not sure which wheels came with these originally...

The car appears to have been well kept... The previous owner had it for 11 years and serviced it regularly on a specialized shop here in São Paulo. It runs and drives great! I took it for a quick canyon drive over this past weekend and fell in love with how it handles, even if it doesn't have a lot of power (yet)!
It has been recently repainted (which worried me a lot during the buying process, since I'd already seen a "polished turd" a few months ago). Still, if it had body issues before, they don't appear to have been massive, it's structurally sound as far as I can tell.

Anyways, I'm very happy to officially be a part of the Impreza family and excited to start working on the car.

Next steps:
-Basic maintenance (fluids, belts, light bulbs etc)
-Wheels & tires
-Springs and shocks

I will update this thread with the build progress, but if you want to follow along more closely, you can do so at
Sora's Instagram

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,327 Posts
Wow, I'm really happy you finally found one! Good luck and I'll be following this

Reactions: fepiera

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, everyone!!!

It's been a long-ISH time with no updates, but the pandemic is still raging here in Brazil, which means little money and opportunity to actually get parts.

Also, I've been using this time to get to know Sora and to do basic maintenance (list of services in the end of this post), which, let's be honest, is not that exciting.

So, here's the first actual upgrade on the car: STI Sway Bars!

IMG_20210605_123812.jpg

I bought the rear and front bars from a Hawkeye currently being disassembled in Rio de Janeiro. On this picture, is the original front one that came in the car (bottom) and the STI one (top). I was only able to install the front one so far.
I am trying to follow the "Budget Build" thread and this was one of the upgrades on that list. Let me tell you, it's definitely justified! with only the change to the front one, the handling is significantly improved and I can't wait to put on the rear one.

Anyway, here's a picture of me and my wife on a short trip with the car. We are enjoying it a lot! As always, you can follow the build on Instagram @sora.gf6. I update MUCH more regularly over there.

20210314_150328.jpg

List of maintenance/small services done so far:
  1. Cooling system "super flush" + new fluid
  2. Oil change
  3. Solder of the rear window defogger
  4. Removal of window tint
  5. Removal of the tow hitch
  6. Removal of the wiring sent to the trunk (possibly to add subwoofer)
  7. Engine bay cleanup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts