Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
Those don't show up for sale too often... Some day the US will have more than 2 and I might even see one

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
Not too long. (They turn 25 in 2023). I'll still be in my mid 40s then so I'll still be able to enjoy one :D

·
Registered
98 OBS
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know if there were less than 500 of these made? if so, might be able to get it imported under the show and display vehicle exception

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Why we're the wheels changed? Purists will probably have a fit over that.

·
Registered
02RS RIP, 91Stealth, 05STi
1,778 Posts
anyone know if there were less than 500 of these made? if so, might be able to get it imported under the show and display vehicle exception
I thought it was like 1000
Noobs :p only 400 were supposedly made but rumor says #13 never existed so it could only be 399.

If you look at the pic it has the limited edition tag telling you what model of 400 it was lol.

Also the show and display exemption you can only drive the vehicle 2500miles a year. Not even enough mileage for a oil change lol

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
Did you see the pic of the number plate on the console? It reads 254/400

That said It's still based off a chassis that was mass produced so it may not work in this case. Plus with those special exemptions you still can't register the car for road use. It would have to be trailered most likely going to and from shows, races, events etc. Once they're 25, it's free game.

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
Noobs :p only 400 were supposedly made but rumor says #13 never existed so it could only be 399.

If you look at the pic it has the limited edition tag telling you what model of 400 it was lol.

Also the show and display exemption you can only drive the vehicle 2500miles a year. Not even enough mileage for a oil change lol
There are three #000s though

·
Registered
'99 RS
425 Posts
If I ever hit the lottery, I'm gonna have one of these! Right next to my Carlos Sainz RC Celica and my Tommy Makkinen Evolution! Lol

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I thought #000 cars were used as magazine testers and then we're crushed?

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts

And how exactly would they know? :confused:

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Probably the way that insurance companies keep track. The specialty ones come and check your mileage.

·
Registered
2009 BL5, 2001 RS
3,472 Posts
Plus with those special exemptions you still can't register the car for road use. It would have to be trailered most likely going to and from shows, races, events etc. Once they're 25, it's free game.
Slap a plate on it and drive it lol, screw registering it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts