Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now whose car is that up there? Who put that there? What's the big idea, huh? :D

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
talk about playing favorites ;)...haha...what will it take to get my car up there!!! haha....maybe when i get some close pics of it clean.

jeremy

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I thikn it's either got to be spotless... or 90% covered with thick, gooey mud. You're about 50% there, so keep trying! ;)

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
wow...someone else witha bug/stone delfector...i thought me and one other guy were the only ones...WOW!! now there's a 3rd

H

·
0 Posts
Heh. That's an old photo. . . pre-painted vents, pre-Hella 4000s, pre-dunlop SP5000s, pre-roof rack & sunroof-thingy removal, probably pre-90% of my mods. :)

If I still had my RE92s I'd go back up in the hills and take it wheeling, but I really don't want to break one of the Dunlops.

So I guess I'll just wash it instead. :stinky:

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah you don't see too many, do you. But I like the contrast with the silver, and I like not having rock chips on the front of the hood. I probably won't own a car without one (except for 4x4s that see paint-damaging-action).

H

·
0 Posts
Here's a more recent one. My Ram is off to the side, but it's got new white-spoke wheels and gnarly tires, and side steps. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
horatio102 said:
Yeah you don't see too many, do you. But I like the contrast with the silver, and I like not having rock chips on the front of the hood. I probably won't own a car without one (except for 4x4s that see paint-damaging-action).
yeah no joke...i got 3 in the front edge of my hood the day i got the damn car. that was when i decided i had to HAVE it...yeah the contrast is awesome.

my vents are black, clear corners, clear bumper lenses, smoked side markers, red/clear tails, subaru debadged....i bought a pink star cluster but decided not to put it on cause it looked too weird.

oh yeah powercoating the wheels gun metal whenever the damn snow starts to fall.

H

·
0 Posts
Re: OMG!

pleiades said:
And I thought the 500's looked big on the front of my Legacy!

:sunny:

Yeah, they're big. :) There's a Legacy around here with 500s on the front too. And on my old Impreza (98) I had whatever the small rectangular ones were (520s?), but I wanted to go a little less understated this time.

Sometimes I get a little nervous parking the car at school or on the street when I go out. Worried about somebody walking off with them, but such is life. They're on pretty tight, and it's hard to get a wrench in there with the brackets installed on the car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What would be really cool if that image changed every week or so with a different members car. No mention of COTW or anything around it, just people knowing in their minds that that is the COTW or something :)

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts