Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS NOT A POST ABOUT ME BRAGGING, ITS AN HONEST TO GOD "I JUST DONT GET IT" POST.........

I have a 2000 4dr Impreza, it has the 2.2ltr w/ a 4.11 tranny and rear diff, stage 1 exedy but stock flywheel, catback, coldair, ssi shifter w/port & poslished heads fully built suspenion and 245/40/17s. its got a 0-60 of 6.3, although I've takin lightly modded wrx's up to 80mph then they're turbo just killed me, just dont get it! Oh yeah and I can out handle modded EVOs!? could someone explain!?

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
What are we explaining?

Your getting killed by WRX's and you want to know why?

You may gain torque because you have a bit more displacement, but its negated once they reach boost. Thus you lose.

I would imagine your out handling EVO's because they suck at driving, or your suspension is setup rather nicely. I have always found that EVO's with their quick rack then to out handle most cars on the road. So more then likely its the first thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only after 80, but im taking them by about 5 or 6 car leagths. I put a fresh motor in with the same heads and i was only acouple cars back at 120-130?
and im just trying to understand what makes an NA quicker than a wrx.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
2000 Impreza 2.2 L. Catback exhaust, cold air intake, short throw and P&P heads. Its got a 0-60 of 6.3, although I've takin lightly modded wrx's up to 80mph
Interesting. I call BS on the 0-60 time since my car is way more modified than yours is with a larger engine to start with, and I can't even get a 6.3 second 0-60 time and I barely keep up with WRXs.

only after 80, but im taking them by about 5 or 6 car leagths. I put a fresh motor in with the same heads and i was only acouple cars back at 120-130?
and im just trying to understand what makes an NA quicker than a wrx.
You're not beating the WRX by 5-6 car lengths.. that would be murder in racing world. N/A 2.2's aren't as fast as WRX's by a longshot unless you've dumped a lot of money into the 2.2. Maybe they weren't racing you?

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
look like he selling a moded 2.2 impreza L..stock rs make 0-60 in 7.9...but i dont think he can make lower 6 with this kind of mods

02-05 wrx are 160 WHP and rs are 130 WHP..if you have a heavy moded NA rs.you sould keep up a stock wrx..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm close friends w/ Sean Saxton owner of RalliTek and he was not suprised when we ran a comparison with an 04 WRX and my 2.2, I had beaten WRX in an 1/8 mile but 1/4 the 2.2 lost once doing a 3rd gear pull the WRX didnt pull fast at all but we still havent figured this shit out, so we're asking everyone elses opinon

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Is the wrx running correctly?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, lol wow did you really just ask that? oh right.... I should have added that the 2.2 has 157whp

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Your not giving us the whole story of your car. 157whp on a 2.2 NA? Thats not a stock, or even lightly modified 2.2 engine. What? you hiding a bottle in your trunk or something? :blol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
like i said port & polish, built heads and its been tuned... oh right the full exhaust and coldair custom tranny w/ 4.11 ratio that is all the car has

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
yeah, lol wow did you really just ask that? oh right.... I should have added that the 2.2 has 157whp
like i said port & polish, built heads and its been tuned... oh right the full exhaust and coldair custom tranny w/ 4.11 ratio that is all the car has
I have a larger motor, with pretty much the same mods and its been tuned and it only yielded a bit over 160.

Somethings not right....

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
If your putting just shy of 160 to the pavement, then it is of no surprise to me that your taking pink-slips from WRXs. I AutoX a NA 00RS in SM and do very very well against modified STis and EVOs. There isn't a stock WRX in our AutoX club that even comes close..

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS MBP
963 Posts
Dual port headers or single port headers??? just wondering because if its an L with an RS motor then maybe I could see that happening... Its a long shot but it may happen...

Eric

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
is this like in Gran Turismo or something? Has to be in a video game. Don't think
you could pull off this 0-60 time with that build.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts