Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 subaru 2.5rs w/ wrx swap
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What shop or person near allentown can connect the wiring harness to my wrx swap? Motor in just need connecting. It's a 2001 2.5rs has an 2004 wrx motor I have everything for it just need help getting it on

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,555 Posts
Hit up Area1320. You could have either IWire or ECS merge your harness for you.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Wait, is the wiring already merged and you need someone to install it in your car or you need it merged?

But ya, if not merged, I'd do iWire or ECS. I'd probably do iWire though, simply cause I see his work on Facebook and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to merge it and then install it. Basically the guy who sold it to me just dropped the motor in it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2001 Subaru impreza RS body has 259k but since I've owned the car I've replaced the trans and diff that both had 104k miles on them stage 2 excdy clutch and flywheel 3kmiles and then I bought a 2.5 wrx motor with 130k I put a new timing belt and pulleys new plugs n droped it in the car bought a sti turbo n invidea down pipe to apexi exhaust all 3inch has also invidea up pipe has the wrx sub frame stock headers car has leather seats no rips and I stared doing to body work but it will need to be touched up and painted I also have the 06wrx harness complete with column and computer all this is in the car all that needs to be done is wire merge the harness put the power steering pump on the inter cooler on and needs o2 sensors. ------> that's what the owner told me about the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping to be able to do it myself and learn how to do it but those dreams are falling very quickly! Anyone willing to help me do it even if I give you some cash!? Or do ya think a shop is the best idea?

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
If you have no idea what you're doing, then it's best to leave it to the shops. Wire merging is usually what kills most of these swaps out there. They usually end up with things not working or a sheer mess of a harness.

Now you can always talk with the shop and see if you can watch while they do it. I wouldn't expect them to be teaching you though, cause they're going to want to finish it as fast as possible, so they can move onto other things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I have no idea how to do it. Me and a buddy of mine were gonna try to do it . We gonna look at Brydon's post and see if we gonna go through with trying it if not off to a shop it goes. Any idea how much it might cost ?

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Like $500+

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,555 Posts
The harness merge is around $700. Having a shop do it completely is going to be around an additional $2500.

If you do this yourself, hopefully you have a backup car, as this will take you a while to sort out. The wiring harness is a royal pain to get in and out of a car, and that's not even including the merging.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts