Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a buddy who's got all of the following stuff done to his 03 WRX, but he says it only puts down 410hp on pump gas, 500 on racing fuel, but he wants at least 600 hp on pump gas. I'm not too sure as to what else I can tell him other then bigger injectors, more boost, and then a new tune... but I want other's opinions.. thanks

Built 2.5L Axis stage 5 shortblock, forged rods,pistons, crank, and sleeved
- Ver 5 STi RA Ported heads, Axis valvetrain, arp studs, newer version cometic gaskets keeping 8:1 comp, kelford 274/262 cams, plus one valves
-ported stock throttle body and intake and tumblers
-kartboy ss with bushings shifts like butter
-Perrin GT35R .82 kit
-820cc injectors, perrin fuel rails, aeromotive afpr,
-turboxs front mount intercooler
-gruppe0s header
-perrin dp and up pipe
-hks hiper catback
-tial bov with 9psi spring and 44mm external wastegate
-UTEC
-koyo radiator
-PE timing belt

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
InsatiableAmos said:
Get a GT40, 1000cc injectors, and twin fuel pumps along with standalone engine management.

600hp on pump would be doable.
I doubt it and you will need more fuel. maybe maybe maybe a gt4094r. But only on meth probably so not on just pump gas. I would expect a gt42 or t72 might get you there but 600whp on pump is stupid in my opinion.

But you would be looking at boost onset over 5000rpms and a 9k redline to really have a good usable power range.

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
Get some spray
is he only runing 9PSI? that sounds realy low
the GT35 will make some power.
Block swap? to a STI with a stroker kit would give you a give bit and might cut down on turbo lag

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
I'm thinking turbo and tune are gonna be the biggest gainers for him. Does just want a dyno queen or is he trying to achieve a certain quarter mile, top speed, etc?

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
SleepySubie said:
Get some spray
is he only runing 9PSI? that sounds realy low
the GT35 will make some power.
Block swap? to a STI with a stroker kit would give you a give bit and might cut down on turbo lag
Meth or nitrous would kinda negate the "want to achieve 600 whp on pump gas".

He's running 9 psi spring...not boost.

Did you read the spec list?? He's ALREADY got a 2.5L EJ.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
I'd imagine that he's already close to 600 bhp considering he's made 500 whp on race gas. Most people want whp numbers when they state a goal, mainly becauset it's measurable and not an estimate. Unless you remove the entire engine just to test it.

·
Registered
1990 legacy wagon
679 Posts
But does it actually go fast? What tranny is holding this 500 whp? What clutch? It should be trapping over 120 mph in the 1/4 with 500 whp.... Lets see that and then see if he needs more power. haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts