Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
......has a very noisey blow off valve. There is a guy with a white 2nd Gen. Eclipse turbo that sees me and comes up next to me at a red light.

The light turns green but there is traffic in front of both of us. We are going like......20 mph and he is next to me upshifting and downshifting so I can hear his "phashhhhhh", "phashhhhhhh". I must have heard his blowoff valve 8 times in 80 feet. I guess he had an 8-speed tranny.

I'm sorry but I started laughing out loud. It was hell funny! He sees me laughing. He was not a happy camper. He goes strait and I take the on-ramp to the 71.

Do you guys get the same treatment from other drivers? I mean, how times do you have to make the "phashhhhhh" noise? I already freaking heard you. Now go away.

Maybe I should have blown his doors off......in 4th.

I don't even race Hondas anymore, it's a waste of 91 octaine. The only guys I will even think about testing are the turbo Eclipses simply because they do make some real power. Hondas just make a hell of a lot of noise.

Later, ARG

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Have you been to an I-club or (nasioc) meet lately? you get a lot of that...

·
Registered
2000 Subaru GC8 v5
255 Posts
Oh man, 8 spd tranny??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I bet he would've beaten your 0-20 times.

What's your 12 feet time?

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
You know the same thing happend to me except it was an expidition on air bags, I hear the bags,"pish, pish" and he's giving me this look like he's a rap star. So I rev up a little more and let the boost kick, then bam! there's my "pish, pish" back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yup, it always has to be those Eclipse GS-T guys. I guess they're really afraid that we dont' know they have a turbo. Though some of the WRX guys are doing the same thing. I suppose the phrase "when you got it...flaunt it" holds true for those turbo fools.

Ben

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
So much killer rice mods, so little time

I want to put a speaker under my hood and sample a BOV as a .WAV file and hook it up to a laptop. Then when I shift my N/A RS I can go "Pshhh" too. I'll get a shifter knob with the NOS button, and instead of hooking it up to a bottle, it will trigger the .WAV file. Maybe I'll wait untill I finish putting the green lights under my car, which I will do when I get one of those exhaust tips that glow red.

(backing up into a parking space) Pshhh! Pshhh! Pshhh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts