Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while waiting for the perfect subaru to come along I thought I would let yall know what I have been doing for the last year

1971 Chevy Stepside K-10
Current picture

When I got it

Mods
Engine-
Brand new Bluepint 350 GM small block v8
9.5:1 CR
Decked
bored out to 355
2.02 valves
Elderbrock intake manifold
Holly street avenger carb
msr street fire distibutor
march alternator and ps brackets
4 bolt main
Hypereutectic pistons
Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 PSI bolts
Hardened retainers and springs

Transmission-
THM350
Hughes torque converter
Shift kit

Exterior-
Custom diamond plate bumpers
10,000lb winch
Fog lights

Suspension-
Rancho shocks
3" lift

Wheels-
16" custom painted wheels
33" tires

Story
Since I was 12 or 13 i Have always loved old trucks. My dad had a 76' C-10 stepside. So at the beginning of last year I wanted to make my dream a reality. I started looking for a 67-72 4X4 chevy truck. Thanks to many hours on craigs list I found one.... 1300 miles away. It was worth the drive because
The truck did not have a spot of rust on it. I got it home and was just going to plan on getting a paint job fix a couple things, make it a nice truck. Plans quickly changed. After talking about it with my dad i decided on a full blown frame off restoration/modified build. So the summer of 2011 i spent more time with that truck in the barn than any thing else. I had no social life:lol:. But after over a gallon of por15 I had the frame and all the undercarriage and suspension stuff coated. Instead off reusing the old 350 wich was running fine i decided to get a brand new blueprint crate engine but it didnt stop there. I also decided to ditch the carburetor, thats right EFI i would upgrade the fuel system by over 20 years. After that i worked hard on putting things together undercoating before I did rustproofing and making it sweet. Its almost done more updates to come.

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My custom wheels they match my body color that i am going to paint it, which many of you may recognize it because its SRP

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks!I was actually going to put a 12v cummins in it at first but went against the idea due to it just being to much motor for a half ton short bed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts