Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for the guys running wrx plumbing with ej251 heads...i've heard some up-pipes dont clear the heads...

so what works..what doesn't?

i'll start....
-Perrin Wrx Up-pipe: Works....

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
i have hks up on mine and it works with a notched crossmember, i think any of them will work as long as they dont have a flex section in the upper portion of them.

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
I have a wrx megan manifold/up-pipe and 1.8L sohc heads and it clears my notched xmember, with the flex coupling at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have hks up on mine and it works with a notched crossmember, i think any of them will work as long as they dont have a flex section in the upper portion of them.
hmmm makes sense.....

im not worried about the x-member clearance.....my grinder takes care of that :run:

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
anyone running the grimmspeed ewg setup shown on the front page with SOHC RS heads? i want to switch from iwg to ewg

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
i heard the perrin one works with ej25 sohc heads..phase I SOHC are compatible with any EJ series up-pipe

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone running the grimmspeed ewg setup shown on the front page with SOHC RS heads? i want to switch from iwg to ewg
i would also REALLY like to know the answer to this

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
haha after looking at that ad, i saw jeff posted and never got a response....already bought the 38mm wastegate, just looking for an ewg up pipe that the tial 38mm will bolt to and clear an invidia v3 bellmouth/divorced dp and sohc heads

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looking at it i dont see why it wouldn't clear.....but who knows.....

next paycheck i might just go ahead and buy one....

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
yeah my setup is identical to a wrx/sti so im guessing it should be fine - keep me posted on how your ewg install goes man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts