• Other

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
Why is it, that they call them tuner cars?
When it comes to performance vehicles, you can break them up into 3 categories-Tuners, Muscle, and Exotics. Tuner cars tend to have different upgrade options in performance mods and visual mods(Usually run some form of a 4 cylinder motor).Muscle cars tend to go by the idea that bigger is better and go with high liter N/A V8 motors(5.0,5.6,5.7,6.0,6.6 Liters) or supercharged V8 motors with huge blowers above the hood. Exotics usually have high revving high HP motors that are less liters than muscle cars(like a 3.9L Ferrari V8). Exotics usually are 8 cylinder, 10 cylinder, or 12 cylinder. That's my view on the subject. Take any of that information with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
Bluebird
690 Posts
When it comes to performance vehicles, you can break them up into 3 categories-Tuners, Muscle, and Exotics. Tuner cars tend to have different upgrade options in performance mods and visual mods(Usually run some form of a 4 cylinder motor).Muscle cars tend to go by the idea that bigger is better and go with high liter N/A V8 motors(5.0,5.6,5.7,6.0,6.6 Liters) or supercharged V8 motors with huge blowers above the hood. Exotics usually have high revving high HP motors that are less liters than muscle cars(like a 3.9L Ferrari V8). Exotics usually are 8 cylinder, 10 cylinder, or 12 cylinder. That's my view on the subject. Take any of that information with a grain of salt.
LOL! Sarcasm doesn't transfer too well over the internet...

Cool writeup though!

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
LOL! Sarcasm doesn't transfer too well over the internet...

Cool writeup though!
Haha, after I wrote it, the Idea popped in my head-"Oh $h!t, he might of been sarcastic!" but thanks for beein a nice person about it! All those days of playing Need for Speed: Carbon payed off in that writeup

·
Registered
92 SVX Pearl White/Black
182 Posts
lol, yeah, wonder what they call those that want a turbo V8, 4.5L or bigger.........

·
Registered
92 SVX Pearl White/Black
182 Posts
That there's the good kind of crazy. Like post some pics crazy...:naughty:
Well besides my 3.3L boxer 6 SVX which I have been (slowly) working to turbo I have a 03 Infiniti M45, a decently rare bodystyle I like, I want to turbo this someday as well. But this is also automatic only and the stock transmission is just old enough or just new enough, depending on how you look at it, that it isn't a great trans for that purpose. lol

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Voted other. Because 207 is life.

get a complete engine, new seals and gaskets. enjoy your 300+hp and boost wave. :naughty:

oh,
Tuner cars? Some drag car with no plates, and a laptop on the roof.

Muscle car? any car that is rowdy and throws down sub 12sec quarters. with cup holders and A/C.

Exotic? Renault 4 GTL. Citroen DS ? KTM X-Bow?

Drift car? Broken.

Grip? Downforce Bro. ahem, tire compound/brake pad bro.

Street? Low quarters, full interior,can turn corners. a nice place to be. the car you red light race on the way home from work.

:run:

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
Voted other. Because 207 is life.

get a complete engine, new seals and gaskets. enjoy your 300+hp and boost wave. :naughty:

oh,
Tuner cars? Some drag car with no plates, and a laptop on the roof.

Muscle car? any car that is rowdy and throws down sub 12sec quarters. with cup holders and A/C.

Exotic? Renault 4 GTL. Citroen DS ? KTM X-Bow?

Drift car? Broken.

Grip? Downforce Bro. ahem, tire compound/brake pad bro.

Street? Low quarters, full interior,can turn corners. a nice place to be. the car you red light race on the way home from work.

:run:
Do you even wide bro? :drunk::banana:

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
Double post. Might as well give a little update:

I haven't driven my car in two weeks and it has SUCKED! The 1.8 is blown again. The 'Graphite Composite' (not felt) headgaskets didn't last long under boost. Or maybe I just really sux at building engines?
Well if at first you don't succeed, you're probly not a genius. But I knew that.

So this is the last time I'm putting a four cylinder in this car. If the 22D doesn't work out, six cylinder goodness will be swift to follow.

And I still really wanna go 4.11 but I'm scared of how rusted the rear end is... I might get brave this weekend.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
You got any projects going SoCoNoHa?
As a matter of fact I just started pulling the motor out of the Impreza. I should have my 2.5D heads back from the shop today, and if my gaskets show up as well I can reassemble my 22D, toss her in, and start tuning! I am a little concerned about the block though. I'll have to throw it together and see what the compression looks like I guess. Hopefully the rings don't leak too bad. If they do, it's EZ30 time!

I'm thinking of getting 20K/R cams for the 25D heads, supposed to be a drop-in upgrade.

Well besides my 3.3L boxer 6 SVX which I have been (slowly) working to turbo...
Nice, was considering turboing mine as well, but I'd also really like a balls to the wall N/A build with higher CR and revs, finish it off by porting the hell outta the exhaust... yea.

By the way your SVX looks sick with the blacked out tails, I may have to copy you...

...03 Infiniti M45, a decently rare bodystyle I like, I want to turbo this someday as well.
That is a cool Infiniti! Haven't seen one of those before...

207 is life
You can't make me!

I know it's a great engine, yet strangely it just doesn't interest me much. I mean, if I got one for free or something...

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
You can't make me!

I know it's a great engine, yet strangely it just doesn't interest me much. I mean, if I got one for free or something...
Haha!
if finances were better, i'd send you one in pieces. in a crate covered with Hello Kitty wrapping paper. :mamoru: (With good parts)

Honestly wondering though, can't you get a Legacy GT (205) engine cheap enough?
won't the EZ be heavy? and generally more work? Why go that route?

if you were to go the JDm 4 Banger route, i have seen engines around $500 that could hitch a ride on a container. plenty around.
i guess the logistics scares some people.

Not poking the bear. your thread and others is a source of information and entertainment. engaging in discussion around your project. and asking questions adds to the experience. as a reader. Colors in between the lines, so to speak.

and anything you need that i can help with? you got it. Keenly following the build.

also, SVX. Jealous.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Honestly wondering though, can't you get a Legacy GT (205) engine cheap enough?
won't the EZ be heavy? and generally more work? Why go that route?

also, SVX. Jealous.

Yea, I guess I could do the wrx swap, but it kinda feels like cheating to me. I wanted to put the EZ30 in before I even bought the car, I'm still determined to do it at some point.

As far as weight, iirc the EZ30D is about 70lbs heavier than the ej251, and only 0.75 inches longer front to back. I'll have to cut up the radiator support to use the h6 one, or fashion a coolant header to use the gc one. Stock EZ30 exhaust supposedly doesn't clear the engine crossmember, but I've got a pipe bender, a welder, and a couple old subaru exhausts. I'll make it happen.
My wiring is basically already done. :)

And don't worry about me, I can take it. I appreciate the input of all; questions, comments, concerns, heckles, suggestions, bring it on.

Have you looked for an SVX? You could get one with 4 wheel steering! Not sure what they go for over there, but they're cheap as dirt stateside. And I'd give up my Impreza before I part with my SVX. I'd give up a lot of things first.

121 - 140 of 208 Posts