Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a set of the 2000 grinds just hanging out until I decide what I should do... I bought a set of their 3angle valve heads and have things just sitting around until I piece it all together. I've also got an E-manage Ultimate to use to raise my redline. The issue is whether or not I need to upgrade my valve train because I could use $400 on something else, unless there is another option besides supertech.

How many of you fellow re-grinders have upped your redline to maximize the gains from the cams?

Also how reliable is the stock valve train in higher rpm situations?

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I have heard of 7k redline on stock valvetrain without valve float. Any higher you might need to start changing things however. 7k should be high enough for the Deltas though because there was a dyno graph somewhere showing that the Deltas made their max power at 6250 (stock redline) so setting it to 7k should give you a good setup.

Let me see if I can find that dyno graph...

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm not really happy with mine either. I wanted to get a reflash by I-Speed, but I can't really afford it. If I can get 4 new customers, they told me I could get a free reflash... but I don't know how to go about advertising that sort of thing.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
I've got the Delta 2000's in my garage waiting to be installed as well. Hopefully going the I-speed SRS-30 route with the 6750 rpm redline.

Haven't decided about whether or not I'm getting a valve-job and PnP on top of that.

Can't wait to actually get this shit installed. It's going to be fun!

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I'm not really happy with mine either. I wanted to get a reflash by I-Speed, but I can't really afford it. If I can get 4 new customers, they told me I could get a free reflash... but I don't know how to go about advertising that sort of thing.
you might wanna take SRS30 out of your "favorite mods" then...LOL if you don't actually have it.

·
Banned
'04 RS PBP w/ Black Tarmacs
1,805 Posts
you might wanna take SRS30 out of your "favorite mods" then...LOL if you don't actually have it.
Maybe that's a good way to get four others to do it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts