Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was thinking about getting my roof painted satin black id get a CF replacement but that costs like $2k max lol. my roof is all beat up and bumpy/lumpy.

i would just like to see if anyone has a black roof on thier scooby. and some opinions on the concept as well.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
My buddy has his roof black out with vinyl (he works at a graphics shop) and it looks really clean! It's on an '06 WRX... I'll see if I can get a pic soon!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah do that for me zeropunk i appreciate it. i dunno who makes cf roofs but id assume that it would have to be custom made, $2k give or take a few hundred.

·
Premium Member
2000 BRP Coupe
599 Posts
+1: Who makes a GC CF roof? I've been looking for one for a few weeks now. Can't find anybody that makes one :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just did more research, ams and seibon both make them for around 1300 or so, but they are for GD's

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
black finishes show every imperfection in the clearcoat, base, bodywork, and primer..

and having a horizontal black suface at eye level makes it very easy to see anything wrong with it.

on top of that, once it's perfect and black, every day that finish will get more scratched, and dulled and it will never look perfect and beautiful again.

black is the color from hell

·
Better than you!
1997 LRSWRX, 1998 Lego GT
6,298 Posts
Yes it is, and I love it!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
black finishes show every imperfection in the clearcoat, base, bodywork, and primer...
...on top of that, once it's perfect and black, every day that finish will get more scratched, and dulled and it will never look perfect and beautiful again.
Which is why he should go with black vinyl...

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Hm. I wonder what an Aspen White GF8 would look like with black hood, roof, and hatch would look like

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
are the roofs even interchangeable?

how can you get a CF roof if they arent?

i assume the roof just doenst bolt on/off.... if it does that would be great since i an use my RS roof with the future L i would buy.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
umm vinyl doesnt fill in dents and scratches...as a matter of fact it just follows the contours...unless of course you use like 10 layers of vinyl
:eek:rly:

Which is why I quoted the parts saying that it would dull, scratch, never look perfect again, and it would show imperfection in the clearcoat, base, bodywork, and primer...

God forbid ONE of those words making vinyl on the same level as paint in this situation!

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Honestly, i am in those pictures and the black roof on that car looks tits.

Chris

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hm. I wonder what an Aspen White GF8 would look like with black hood, roof, and hatch would look like
There was one at IAG during that meet a few weeks back, its amazing looking man.

actually, i think the hood was still white though. hatch and roof was black, with the spoilers still white.

again though, its awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts