Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
97, Impreza L
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just found out my jdm tails have been leaking A LOT in the trunk...like enough to cover the spare wheel. I put sealant in the lights when I put them in so I don't know whats up. I wish I haven't got them in the first place.

Anyway, it gave me the idea what's the worst mod you've ever done?

· Banned
5,165 Posts
You should use a silicone sealant. I bought 2 tubes from oreily's and used about 1 tube on each side. I think the worst mod i've done was using castrol synthetic oil. It caused my car to have severe oil leaks when i first got it.

· Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,874 Posts
Worst mod: putting my v3 sti RA drivetrain in. The transmission is great but, as it was a transition model, I have a hardtime modding around it. I have an R180 rear end with single pot slider calipers and unvented rotors. If you have the same setup you'll know how impossible it is to come across new rotors that will fit under slider calipers, but over an R180 rear end. I would sell it and move to a 2004+STI setup, but don't want to deal with the unlimited amount of customer service I would have to give to whoever buys them.

· Registered
2015 WRX
2,575 Posts
Hey guys just found out my jdm tails have been leaking A LOT in the trunk...like enough to cover the spare wheel. I put sealant in the lights when I put them in so I don't know whats up. I wish I haven't got them in the first place.
3M Window Weld will solve your problem. I've sealed tail lights with this 4-5 times and they NEVER leak a drop. It's $10 a roll at your local auto parts store.

Worst mod.... cutting a hole in my roof to fit a roof vent, then taking it out and having a nice faux RA vent that doesn't do anything.

· project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
4,042 Posts
You need to use an assload of sealant. I'm having the same problem, but I really like my tails and I'll just redo them.

Worst mod? Door dings.

· Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
4,307 Posts
notching my xmember for the uppipe, in the end I didn't need it because I have up/down
pipes that work with the stock manifold...so now there is a useless hole in my xmember.
It's been a year and nothing is wrong so I guess there is no need to fix it right away

· project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
4,042 Posts
Worst mod: putting my v3 sti RA drivetrain in. The transmission is great but, as it was a transition model, I have a hardtime modding around it. I have an R180 rear end with single pot slider calipers and unvented rotors. If you have the same setup you'll know how impossible it is to come across new rotors that will fit under slider calipers, but over an R180 rear end. I would sell it and move to a 2004+STI setup, but don't want to deal with the unlimited amount of customer service I would have to give to whoever buys them.
There is a rear vented rotor that clears the 190mm parking brakes that mate with the R180 and fits under the rear JDM/USDM 2-pot fixed caliper. The stock rotor is hard to get because it only came on JDM STi's with the R180 rear end pre-Brembos, but DBA makes an aftermarket rotor for the same application that you can get in the States. Might want to check it out and upgrade to the rear 2-pots. Or sell me your RA drivetrain.

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,936 Posts
So far worst mod would be the N/A CAI......It was cool for a while..now it just drowns out the super sexy boxer growl when WOT.

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
So far worst mod would be the N/A CAI......It was cool for a while..now it just drowns out the super sexy boxer growl when WOT.

Same here. And it doesn't run any better. Its more like a hot air intake. I still have the adapter lying somewhere, maybe someone on ebay wants it.

· Registered
204 Posts
There is a rear vented rotor that clears the 190mm parking brakes that mate with the R180 and fits under the rear JDM/USDM 2-pot fixed caliper. The stock rotor is hard to get because it only came on JDM STi's with the R180 rear end pre-Brembos, but DBA makes an aftermarket rotor for the same application that you can get in the States. Might want to check it out and upgrade to the rear 2-pots. Or sell me your RA drivetrain.
:eek: i think i heard the r33(r32 or r34 sorry i can really remember) gtr has the 190mm parking brake and with usdm brembos your golden cuz minus the 5x114.3, just re-drill the rotors, i think ur backing plate is made to also fit 2pots :)

worst mod ever: was routing the oil return INTO the oil pan drain bolt, came with car,so it wasn't me but blew up a turbo prematurely not cheap also a both 02 sensors and the cat.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
the door ding mod....aka parking in walmart parking lot....

:mad:

but to be honest most likely purchasing a blown emanage ultimate of ebay..but that convinced me to spend the money on the hydra.....well worth it in the end....so maybe the blown EMU was the best mod....

gah

door ding mod

· Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
1,440 Posts
Probably trying to fit 225's on my car, since the already rough (rusty) rear fender didn't really need to be beaten anymore by trying to roll it and fit bigger tires.

Either that or my AEM intake, but that was an improvement over the previous owners Ganzflo knock-off with rusty tiny exhaust piping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.